• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayor Pauline moveset for Smash Bros. Ultimate!

LittleWolf417

Smash Rookie
Personally I believe she deserves to be in smash because she is important in that she is the first girl mario ever saved and one of the first mario characters in general. Mario tennis Aces is hopefully the start of her many playable appearances.

Entrance: coming out of the door from the New Donk City hall.

Jab: can work in a similar way as peach's but instead of slapping she could swing her purse twice. Dash attack: smacks her opponent with her hat.

Forward tilt: summons a moon like she does when you find her birthday gift. Up tilt: the jump up in the air dance she does with her fist in the air. Down tilt: stomping her heel.

Neutral air: a spin with music notes around her. Forward air: a cabriole. Up air: like peach's but instead of a rainbow trail it's a whole staff of music notes. Back air: a stag leap.

Neutral B: throws hat like Mario would with cappy. Side B: rides the motor scooter. Up B: jumps on the spring from DK arcade. Down B: winds up a Pauline mini toy that explodes.

Forward smash: wacks her opponent with a mic stand. Up smash: opens her umbrella upward. Down smash: the odyssey ya see dance where she kicks her legs forward and back which is also reference to her animation in DK arcade.

Pummel: snapping her fingers causing music note effects around the oponnent. Forward throw: throws her opponent while tossing her hat at them. Up throw: throws the opponent in the air while tossing purple Pauline coins at them. Down throw: rapidly stomps with heels. Back throw: like her forward throw but backwards.

Final Smash: a New Donk City festival concert with barrel sprites hitting the oponnent down the runway.

Up taunt: 1 up girl dance where she points up and winks. Side taunt: blows a kiss that makes her logo from Mario tennis Aces appear. Down taunt: mario's dancing animation from odyssey.

Her first idle animation could be her putting hands together like she does when she asks if you got her a purse. Her second idle could be pushing her hair back with one hand like in her ssbwiiu trophy, her intro in Aces, and her artwork in Aces.

Her victory theme could be the melody she sings when you get the multi moon at her concert. Victory pose 1: spinning and taking off her hat like her intro in her concert. Victory pose 2: singing her victory theme with her band then striking a pose. Victory pose 3: has her back to the camera, turns her head, drops the mic, and crosses her arms.

I thought a good a idea for her palette swaps could be some colors are her in her dress and some are in her suit.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
It's hard to read but moveset is well thought out.

Even amongst her fellow princesses, Pauline could offer a new style to the table; the metropolitan pop-star. I imagine her moves having concert type effects, with dazzling lights and stage effects attached to her melees and specials. This would set her apart. Because Isabelle is already doing city development in her moveset, I'd suggest keeping that far away from Pauline. Of course, references to her belongings in Donkey Kong are necessary.

LittleWolf417

Smash Rookie
It's hard to read but moveset is well thought out.

Even amongst her fellow princesses, Pauline could offer a new style to the table; the metropolitan pop-star. I imagine her moves having concert type effects, with dazzling lights and stage effects attached to her melees and specials. This would set her apart. Because Isabelle is already doing city development in her moveset, I'd suggest keeping that far away from Pauline. Of course, references to her belongings in Donkey Kong are necessary.
Yeah sorry if the format of it is a little messy this was my first post and i was just excited to get this idea out there haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom