• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayflash 4-Port GC Adapter help!

T_Maister

Smash Rookie
https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/258h/controller-setup-guide

I did what the guide asked me to for the Mayflash 4-Port and changed it to Wii U mode. It works fine and all for dolphin, I can plug in and out my controller and it will treat it as original GameCube ports and it rumbles. The problem: It doesn't detect my controller on anything, such as any other applications. I mainly mean Steam's Big Picture mode, my controllers don't exist to the computer when I use the Wii U mode on my Adapter, and it only works as a "Direct Connect" on dolphin. On PC mode, I can use my GameCube Controller on Steam Big Picture (I added my GameCube games to Steam Library, it's pretty cool.), however, the rumble feature does not work, and the Controller Setup Guide suggested to leave the Wii U mode on. Is there a way that I can make the Wii U mode on my Mayflash detect my controller on other games/Steam Big Picture/any other applications?

tl;dr Either I choose to have Rumble Feature + no controller support on any other application, or do PC mode with no Rumble for my game, so if anyone can find a way, thank you!

T_Maister

Smash Rookie
First time on the forums here, didn't realize this belonged to "Help and Support" threads, sorry!

alex9918

Smash Cadet
https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/258h/controller-setup-guide

I did what the guide asked me to for the Mayflash 4-Port and changed it to Wii U mode. It works fine and all for dolphin, I can plug in and out my controller and it will treat it as original GameCube ports and it rumbles. The problem: It doesn't detect my controller on anything, such as any other applications. I mainly mean Steam's Big Picture mode, my controllers don't exist to the computer when I use the Wii U mode on my Adapter, and it only works as a "Direct Connect" on dolphin. On PC mode, I can use my GameCube Controller on Steam Big Picture (I added my GameCube games to Steam Library, it's pretty cool.), however, the rumble feature does not work, and the Controller Setup Guide suggested to leave the Wii U mode on. Is there a way that I can make the Wii U mode on my Mayflash detect my controller on other games/Steam Big Picture/any other applications?

tl;dr Either I choose to have Rumble Feature + no controller support on any other application, or do PC mode with no Rumble for my game, so if anyone can find a way, thank you!
You're probably going to need to get an interpreter of sorts, so MotionInjoy *Cringes*, Xpadder (costs money) or a thing called x360ce which is just a program that allows you to mimick a 360 controller, as the name entails. http://bigfriendlygames.net/2015/09/19/rivals-of-aether-on-steam/ Heres a guide on how to set that up but on any others, you'll need to find out via youtube or some other outlet.
Hope i helped.

Top Bottom