• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [May 9, 2015] GoTE Tourney (Clearwater, Florida)

ProfeLoco

Smash Cadet
Gamers On The Edge believes in Gaming with a Cause
We have donated over $8,000 to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
FYI This is a family friendly venue and all ages are welcomed.

SCHEDULE:
3:00pm - Doors open for registration and casuals.

GAMES:
5:00pm - Super Smash Bros Wii U Singles.
6:30pm - Mortal Kombat X (TBD)
8:00pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV (360)

Join the event at:
https://www.facebook.com/events/558916584211212/

Pre-register at
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WbGCKrgt1t_C_TZCPbMAO4bMT2S_skY61NA98XeJIIw/viewform

RULES FOR MKX:
Double Elimination
Best of 3
Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals is best of 5
Winner keeps Character and Variation, loser can switch Character and/or Variation
System TBD

RULERS FOR SM4SH and USF4:
You can expect a similar ruleset to CEO.

Venue fee is $5 for players.
Venue fee for Extra Life team members will be $3
Game entries are $5 per game entered.
Spectators are free (Any donation to All Children's Hospital will be appreciated)

To find out more about becoming a GoTE Extra Life team member go to www.extra-life.org/team/gamers

PRIZE SPLIT:
60%/25%/15% if less than 32 players.
50%/25%/15%/6%/4% if 33 or more players

Last edited:

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Registered! Looking forward to competing.
Will this venue/organization be hosting any events in the future after this one, and is there a Twitter I can follow?

Last edited:

Shane Falco

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheNegativeZone
I'd like to come to compete at this venue, however I'm of afraid of my age being a problem causing me not being able to participate. I will be 15 years old by the time of the venue. I also have a couple of friends who are 18 years old who would as well like to compete. Would our age be a problem because the location of the venue is at a brewery?

ProfeLoco

Smash Cadet
Registered! Looking forward to competing.
Will this venue/organization be hosting any events in the future after this one, and is there a Twitter I can follow?
This is our first big competitive tournament but we will be hosting more events in the future.The twitter is @GamersOnTheEdge and we post all of our events on our facebook at www.facebook.com/GamersOnTheEdge - You will also find us at a lot of other events running some kind of casual tournament to raise funds for All Children's Hospital (or doing a raffle of some sort)

ProfeLoco

Smash Cadet
I'd like to come to compete at this venue, however I'm of afraid of my age being a problem causing me not being able to participate. I will be 15 years old by the time of the venue. I also have a couple of friends who are 18 years old who would as well like to compete. Would our age be a problem because the location of the venue is at a brewery?
This is a VERY family friendly brewery. Last time I was there, there was a young couple with their 5 and 7 year old playing Jenga. My 15 year old twins are competing as well. It should be a lot of fun. We have everything from casual players to some of the top players in Florida showing up. We look forward to seeing you and your friends there. Also Nintendo rep should be there doing some give-aways.

Shane Falco

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheNegativeZone
This is a VERY family friendly brewery. Last time I was there, there was a young couple with their 5 and 7 year old playing Jenga. My 15 year old twins are competing as well. It should be a lot of fun. We have everything from casual players to some of the top players in Florida showing up. We look forward to seeing you and your friends there. Also Nintendo rep should be there doing some give-aways.
One last question: What time is registration closing at? When SM4SH begins?

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Followed you on Twitter! Can't wait to attend. Is there any way to look at what players are already pre-registered? So we can start getting an idea of who is going to be there. Might ease some people's tournament jitters to know ahead of time.

ProfeLoco

Smash Cadet
Received confirmation that the Nintendo rep will be at the event with 3DS, New 3DS XL, and some games for casual gaming. The rep will also be bringing some items to give away so make sure you stop by the table.

Shane Falco

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheNegativeZone
Because Mewtwo has been confirmed for dlc, will he be playable in the SM4SH tournament or will he banned because he will be released by the time of the tournament?

TheK2

Smash Rookie
You do not have to worry about age, they will be totally fine with your age, i am probably going and i am 14. so relax

Top Bottom