• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchups Question

Choco

Smash Rookie
NNID
Viron16
Hello, Yoshi main here thinking about picking up Diddy as a secondary.

Before I pour a lot of time into him, I'd like to hear how Diddy does against some of the matchups I struggle with. In particular:

Megaman, Cloud, Luigi, Sonic, ZSS

If Diddy struggles with these characters, I'll look elsewhere for a secondary.

Thanks!

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
Mega Man: :4diddy: wins

Cloud: :4diddy: wins imo

Luigi: I believe:4luigi: has a slight advantage if not even but it is completely doable for Diddy.

Sonic: Even imo

ZSS: :4zss: wins by a little but :4diddy: still gives ZSS a tough time due to his amazing punish game and neutral. 55-45 imo.

Swanky_

Smash Cadet
Megaman: Diddy wins
Cloud: Diddy probably wins, Cloud is new though, its hard to make a claim really confidently at this point
Luigi: probably close to even now, was atrocious before. I doubt it's worse than 45:55 for us now though. Don't have as much experience post patch.
Sonic: I've said probably even but my friend that mains Sonic thinks it's slightly his favor. Either way, definitely doable, but you'll want practice in the MU.
ZSS: ZSS you always need to know inside out really, lots of good tools. I would guess close to even. I've heard people say both win though.

Last edited:

HammyHowell

Smash Rookie
Diddy loses to Megaman and luigi flat out. Diddy and zss is probably even. Sonic diddy is probably even. Cloud idk.

Top Bottom