• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup predictions for the last two?

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Any thoughts on if Corrin and Bayonetta would be basically Mario's bane in this game? I mean, we have one who has a bigger range than even Shulk and the other can use her recovery move multiple times, which would potentially make edgeguarding her a pain.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'd be more concerned about Bayonetta tbh Corrin looks to be gimpable with his/her recovery. Bayo can slow things down and we don't know what flaw this move has as of now along with her combo potential.. not sure on how approaching would work since the demon smash attacks look like they could shut out everything aside for dash and shield.. in short we don't have a good comparison to her playstyle and can't get a good estimate until she comes out :lol:
for Corrin vs Mario. Approaching him/her looks like it might be problematic with good ranged fair, wide Utilt, and a long reaching Fsmash.. though we do have a better projectile and can apply pressure with Fireballs. My guess is that the neutral game is going to be similar of that to Marth but with a longer Fsmash and a potential mix up offensive with Dragon Pin. Corrin is definitely going to be having a tough time recovering against Mario with both the Cape and FLOOD. The only question is if there is a disjoint in Dragon Ascent in the later frames or not..
I will be trying Corrin out once they are available in February :p

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Range is going to be troublesome in the Corrin MU. Gotta step up my FLUDD game.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Corrin is most likely going to be a ***** and a half, as with all other sword characters and Mario. Don't know about the witch, though.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Seeing as they're out I'll give a bit of a follow-up on Corrin..
Mario is obviously out-ranged and can easily be juggled with his blind spot below him with Corrin's long reaching Uair.. we don't need to be afraid of Dragon lunge while trying to recover as much since its hard to time and space.. Dragon lunge can be unpredictable but from what I've heard can be smashed out if you get pinned down.. also watch out for when they quickly use DL as it comes out quickly and can pin if done very early. Corn's bair is going to be hard to punish on shield depending on the distance he/she gets pushed to (this move kills). Be careful around Dragon Surge it hits hard. Don't roll backwards if you're near them during Fsmash the sword has hit boxes during the charging and the length will cover rolls. No real combo throws for Corn but U throw is the first to kill followed by Dthrow. (The two can combo but at low percents until the kb is too strong..). Corrin needs to keep Mario out with range (Fsmash, Utilt, Fair, Nair, Uair, Dtilt, F tilt, DL, jab, and DFS) while continuing to combo him while What Mario needs to do is get a few strings in and control the stage especially while Corrin is trying to recover. Flood and Cape work though you'll probably get hit trying to cape but they'll still lose a stock. She can use DL to jump off walls as a semi-wall jump. (they can only use DL once per jump after that use they need to land). Keep at mid range far enough away that Fsmash won't reach and use fire balls at neutral..

Other moves I didn't mention for these reasons.. U smash doesn't have much range but kills. DSmash does both sides at the same time and not as strong as the other two
Fthrow Bthrow you'll only see these if they are wanting to throwing you off-stage..

Last edited:

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
If Bayonetta does her fancy aerial strings to push you to the upper blastzone, DI accordingly and surprise her with an Up B kill.

Top Bottom