• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match vids

_kSo_

Smash Master
Look forward to watching these. i'm at work now and the company computers have youtube blocked...for obvious reasons lol

but yea the whole no short hopping thing did well for my brother for a little bit. until i decided to stop being nice and exploit every weakness high jumping has. then he learned fairly quickly :)

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Nice vids, I will look through all of them later. I was starting to learn how to SH with keyboard, and then my USB port came in (a great day). Your friend is much better with KB then I ever was though

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
hey wonbob what did you use to record these matches? they are super quality, and i'm still experimenting around with different vid captures...

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
On a different note, there's an instance of deluxe mind games on the second video, for the first kill of falcon. I believe he aggresively goes after fox and gets "deluxified". however i'm going to submit this to the "tribunal" aka Kso for further confirmation.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Look forward to watching these. i'm at work now and the company computers have youtube blocked...for obvious reasons lol

but yea the whole no short hopping thing did well for my brother for a little bit. until i decided to stop being nice and exploit every weakness high jumping has. then he learned fairly quickly :)
Hi, this is Winston, btw. XD

I'm totally interested in this "exploiting every weakness high jumping has" method of yours. Lets play online sometime =)

my aim: Cubivore X2000
Kaillera name: Winston

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I use Hypercam 2 recording at 30 frames per second, then something else to crop it and convert it to MPEG format.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
No short hopping is fine, but apparently Winston doesn't laser either.

Btw, Hypercam 2 has an auto built-in crop so you can only record the part of the screen you want.

EDIT: And lol at the dash attacks.

Winston

Smash Master
Hmm, I laser once in a while, but without shorthopping its kinda pointless to make it your main approach tactic eh =P

Oh and yeah, maryland; I live in Gaithersburg.

And Wenbo says that he crops the "hypercam 2" logo off using another program.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
your a good smash 64 player.My advice would be to edgegaurd more when He's far off the stage.

for link:Try more usmash combos to keep him up in the air.

for Falcon:Try more Dthrow+fair or Dthrow+usmash type of combos.

hope this help :)

edit:cool website you got BTW.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
I live in Gaithersburg.
Silver Spring represent, not too far though, near muncaster mill, PM me and we should smash it up, there are a couple smashers i know in the area. and more so at University of Maryland.

I think not being able to short hop isn't a crucial disadvantage, one of my friends plays the same way (ie no shorthopping) but if you can make ur z-cancel's to (insert d-smash,u-smash,etc) combos very crisp, it becomes very difficult.

Winston

Smash Master
Lol I play keyboard so I'm relatively awful at using the controller =P haven't used one in months. No johns though eh, its not like my falcon style requires much tech skill anyway...

And yeah, wenbo's a lame bean, so he probably can't go anywhere to smash ^__^
BTW, do you and the couple smashers you know play melee also? Cause melee is funnnnnn... (lol I short hop in melee)

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
You guys get into some REALLY funny recovery situations. :D Like... where you both end up saving each other from death, or the wrong guy dies, or you both **** up and die... awesome.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
That's how our matches go. We once had this crazy thing where we Upb'd each other about 7 times before I made it back and edgehogged him.

Winston

Smash Master
Best part was where wenbo was fox and I was falcon, and during an edgeguarding scenario I used up b and shot him under the stage. He used his second jump and up b and grabbed the other edge of dreamland XD

Edit: sadly, not caught on video.

Top Bottom