• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-up Thread?

NoodIes

Smash Rookie
NNID
Noodled
Yooooo
is there a match-up thread? Tried looking for one but the answers to which I seek have not been solved.

Look, I'm just struggling with the
Peach
Falco
Samus
Marth
mu's respectively.

Any tips, videos, suggestions, anything...
I just want to beat these characters.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
i wouldn't put too much credibility into that mu chart because a lot of it just feels wrong. there's zero way sheik-marth is a 7-3 matchup: i've spent time playing both characters, and that's absolutely absurd. at worst it's 55-45. anyways, i think the best way is to just go to https://vods.co/melee and look up people who play the matchups you struggle with.

i'm not going to give you all the things you should look at (mostly because i can't, but also because i think it's better if you look for some things yourself) but here are some:

VS PEACH:
MLG Anaheim 2014 – Mango vs Armada – Grand Finals
The Big House 4 – Mango vs Armada – Losers Semis
B.E.A.S.T 5 – Leffen vs Armada – Grand Finals (note: this is the PAL version; a stronger usmash and a better up-b differentiate NTSC [“American”] Fox from PAL Fox, so if you're going to watch this set, take note of that)
The Big House 4 – Leffen vs Armada – Winners Semis

VS FALCO:
Paragon 2015 – Leffen vs Westballz – Losers Semis
MLG Anaheim 2014 – PPMD vs Mango – Winners Semis
EVO 2013 – Mango vs PPMD – Losers Quarters
The Big House 4 – Westballz vs Lucky – Losers Top 8

also watch sets where foxes get whooped and try to see or maybe even ask someone on r/ssbm or something what went wrong in that set or, if you really need tips, just ask people. studying videos was always more effective for me, though.
take notes.

Top Bottom