• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match up Explore - Snake

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
What Snake has for him in this match-up is that he has very fast very big hitboxes, and we're also very big. It's easy for him to punish us if we make a mistake. He also controls a large portion of the stage and forces us to be more cautious with his C4.

What we have is that we control the pace of the match-up, have good tools for forcing him out of his comfort zone(into the air), are one of the only characters who can actually trade with Snake, and we can juggle him forever. Getting the offstage spike isn't very easy, actually. Snake can recover very far off stage and very high and still make it back. Unless he's gone too low, or has to get closer to the stage, I would actually be more conservative on edgeguarding and punish his landing. A missed spike is a free recovery for Snake. We also have awesome counterpicks.

Also this is like the funnest match-up ever. Makes you feel like a champ every time you get a spike or a huge juggle. Some sorta killin machine.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
With the help of some practicing from Will and other DKs in friendlies I can safely say that this match up is strictly even; it's just a matter of building up momentum and preventing Snake from resetting field control.. As for us it's a couple ftilts, tech chases, and maybe a goddamn dance or two to have you guys in some trouble

Ground pound is particularly useful in this mu

5:5 no doubt

@Cable: Snake is getting tougher but so are you guys

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I don't really think ratios are important, because tips will be infinitely more helpful than numbers (one of the reasons I like the DK cheat sheet so much)

But I personally think that it's 50-50 to 45-55. Nothing major or impossible.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I agree that an exact number isn't needed. I think we all agree that it's even. Ish.

Also it really is a battle of momentum. I mean, all DK match-ups (...and all Snake match-ups) are momentum based but this one even more so. We abuse each others weaknesses so well!

Top Bottom