• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Match Up Discussion - Vs. Little Mac

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
:4littlemac:

General Rules:

• No Flaming. Respect the opinions of others even if you disagree. Let's not get heated on an online forum for a family-friendly game. Failure to abide by this will result in the wrath of the law.
  • Human error isn't something worth serious consideration. Discussions will assume both characters are being played to utmost potential.
The following are suggested subtopics of conversation:
  • Character strengths and weaknesses
  • How to effectively approach/deter approaches
  • Off-stage game
  • Positional play
  • Punishes/punishing
  • Specific moves/strings that are strong for both characters
  • Suggested custom movesets
  • Stage strengths and weaknesses
  • Overall score [NOTE: THIS IS NOT AS IMPORTANT DURING THE FIRST ROUND OF DISCUSSION]
***For general questions not related to the current topic in this thread please use the General Match Up thread.***

This thread shall last for around 8-9 days, with the next thread opening up in about 5-7 days.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Okay, since I'm here, I'm going to mention some stuff.

Little Mac obviously has the superior frame data and ground speed. The super armor on his smash attacks make it quite difficult to really space him out with down tilts and forward airs as he'll just super armor threw it.

There's one huge advantage that Mewtwo has over Little Mac, though. It's his edge guarding game.

One good forward air or back air off the stage, and Little Mac's game is over. There's not much Mac can do against Mewtwo when Mac's offstage.

I'm not good with knowledge of matchups but there's my one cent.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
when throwing LM off the edge, remember that Counter is a viable recovery option for him. Try to mix up your timing and bait it out, as it can be rather dangerous for M2 if he gets hit.

Dtilt should be a pretty good punish in this MU, and SB-Grab seems rather viable.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Choose a stage wisely vs. Mac. Avoid Battlefield and Final Destination as it will be difficult for Mewtwo to gain charge against relentless pressure. Also don't be afraid to use uthrow for juggles.

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
Very difficult MU, until LM is sent off-stage. I find that I rely on shieldgrab>BThrow when near the edge to achieve this with regularity. If your opponent is smart enough to try using counter when you FAir him while offstage, consider hitting him with Confusion first to soften him up for the FAir next time.

I tend to shield A LOT against LM, and try to coax him into making a mistake rather than being aggressive.

Top Bottom