• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Master Hand?

Slim_X

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4425-1928-1952
Has anyone ever though if Master Hand would return in 4???? And what really happened to him, did Tabuu kill him? And if Master Hand was the creator of the world of trophies, why would he creat Tabuu. If Master Hand won't return I think Crazy Hand should avenge him!!! Discuss! And also give me your ideas for your adventure mode, I love reading plots I read a good one like 3 days ago. Credits to Marioandsonicguy!

:phone: Thank you for all the posts! Also I'm hosting a tournament you can find it online tournament. Its called summer bust, I only need two more entrants so feel free to join!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We don't know where Tabuu came from as the Subspace never told us. And there's a chance Tabuu got totally obliterated in the SSE. We also don't know if a SSE sequel will come either (but I'm not saying he has no chance of returning

As for Master Hand, he's almost the icon of the Super Smash Bros. series (if that's not true then he's basically a staple to the games) as he's been in all 3 games. It wouldn't be Smash Bros. without him so I severely doubt he'll get the axe. Crazy Hand is starting to get important too despite not being in 64. If there is a story mode again I hope he's included this time.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't think Master Hand would be defeated that easily. I mean come on, It's Master Hand! The living glove hand thing you beat the heck out of at the end of every classic match and then he explodes or something, and yet he still returns time and time again. He can't be killed that easily by a simple blue force field.

I'm positive he will return. Plus Classic won't feel the same without him being the final boss.

If whatever happened at the SSE was indeed canon in smash's universe, then I think that it will pretty much only affect adventure mode. Or Crazy Hand will probably replace him in Classic. But I can't see that happening. :/

Frown

poekmon
From Sakurai's twitter:

“This is what our staff drew on the white board. It’s good!”

See the background? Yeah, he's probably in unless the team change their minds.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
From Sakurai's twitter:

Love how Kirby and Pit are front and centre.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I wish Tabuu never existed, I love Master & Crazy Hand so much more. Should a third hand come into play, or is that too much?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
The Subspace Emissary isn't even canon, so it should not affect Smash 4's cast in any way.
How do you know it isn't canon? This was the first SSE story. Didn't Sakurai say that the story was originally longer, but thing had to be cut.

I wish Tabuu never existed, I love Master & Crazy Hand so much more. Should a third hand come into play, or is that too much?
The third hand is named Tabuu.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I hope Master and Crazy Hand return. It'd be dumb if they got the axe. Plus Master Hand has been the staple end-boss to Classic Mode ever since the 64 days.

I just hope we learn more about Master and Crazy Hand's background, identity and purpose.

From Sakurai's twitter:

Actually, there's two hands in that drawing. ;]
The Subspace Emissary isn't even canon, so it should not affect Smash 4's cast in any way.
Finally someone said it!
Master Hand needs some new moves/attacks. There's an infinite amount of gestures that a hand can make.
I hope so! o:
Yeah, I hate Tabuu as well.

A third hand? That'd be interesting. Maybe it could be a parent to Master & Crazy Hand trying to control them?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't believe that there will be a third hand. It would be weird... and would imply a fourth hand as well.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's canon in regards to the Smash series, just not outside of it.

HDidn't Sakurai say that the story was originally longer, but thing had to be cut.
There was a couple of cutscenes that got dropped, like how Metaknight lost his ship.

EDIT: "The taking of the battleship Halberd, as well as the scuffle between King Dedede and Meta Knight, were not shown in the game, because those scenes unfortunately had to be cut."
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea17.html

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, the Hands aren't going anywhere. After something has bee in smash bros. twice (other than stages and Pokéball Pokémon), it is pretty much a given to return.
People remember what happened in the Subspace Emissary=??? I forgot it like my mind got wiped out by those laser things from Men In Black! :laugh:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
If Master Hand did get destroyed in SSE then all I can say is.....

We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

I give you THE POWER GLOVE!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I doubt Master Hand actually got harmed in any way whatsoever.

I pictured Master Hand in n64 as the one who brought all the toys to life to fight one another (and eventually himself). Like a lonely child.

Maybe Subspace was just Master Hand having a LARP session with himself. And failing. He probably rolled under a 12 and became Tabuu's b*tch.

Posted from Smashboards.com App for Android

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm waiting for Master Head (ANDROSS? So that's why there's so many space animals in smash!), :laugh: Master Brain (NOW YOU MUST BATTLE MY BRAIN!), and Master Tongue.

"Beware, the power of not cleaning your mouth for 45 years!!!!!!" :grin:

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
I doubt we'll get any extension to the hands. I'd prefer the "creator" to be faceless, and I can't imagine any other body part making sense.

New moves would be nice.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hm. I wonder if Master Hand will say a line or two this time around (instead of just laughing).

:phone:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm waiting for Master Head (ANDROSS? So that's why there's so many space animals in smash!), :laugh: Master Brain (NOW YOU MUST BATTLE MY BRAIN!), and Master Tongue.
"Beware, the power of not cleaning your mouth for 45 years!!!!!!" :grin:
This is what I was going for with my avatar, except it's not Andross.
Dr. Kawashima was the only character of note in a thusfar unrepresented nintendo franchise and, as a disembodied head in charge of brain training, he seems a perfect choice for the "mastermind" behind everything and the owner of the hands. And yes, he could explode into a giant brain on death in true Andross style. It would be in character.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This is what I was going for with my avatar, except it's not Andross.
Dr. Kawashima was the only character of note in a thus far unrepresented nintendo franchise and, as a disembodied head in charge of brain training, he seems a perfect choice for the "mastermind" behind everything and the owner of the hands. And yes, he could explode into a giant brain on death in true Andross style. It would be in character.
That's terrifying. I approve. I never thought of it that way.
I always figured there was something off about Dr. Kawashima...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Is it too farfetched to say that Master and Crazy Hand are just Bongo Bongo with gloves on?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Clearly, everyone here doesn't know the chilling fact that Mr. Dooter from Kirby's Return to Dreamland is the ruler of the smash universe. :troll:

But yeah, Tabuu did do a number on him. Maybe Master hand evolves into...

META HAND!

inb4omgthatsaridleyreference

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
I would kill for playing as Master Hand. Also I want him to perform a protagonist role as before

Master Hand would be last on the tier list, even if he took percent like everyone else.

HIs attacks are telegraphed and could easily be avoided for 8 minutes, hence at top level play, he would lose to every character.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Master Hand would be last on the tier list, even if he took percent like everyone else.

HIs attacks are telegraphed and could easily be avoided for 8 minutes, hence at top level play, he would lose to every character.
I don't think he would be a character, he would just be a boss as he always has been.

Top Bottom