• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Master Hand and Crazy Hand

Karasu

Smash Cadet
While I can slowly manage to play with Meta Knight against other players I found something else that is really difficult with him: Master Hand and Crazy Hand on difficulty 9.

I am farming the headgears to finally complete all challenges and the best way I found was the home-button-trick in Classic-Mode. While I have no problems to defeat the Hands and the Master Core with my other mains I despair of handling the Hands with Meta Knight fast enough.
The Master Core as such is not really the problem but I loose one stock (or I receive great damage) before finally beat the Hands. Meta Knight deals only very low damage and the combos from the Hands are difficult to avoid over time.

So my question is: Is there any possibility to handle the Hands fast and safe?

PS: If there is a faster method to farm the headgears that would be great too.

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
While I can slowly manage to play with Meta Knight against other players I found something else that is really difficult with him: Master Hand and Crazy Hand on difficulty 9.

I am farming the headgears to finally complete all challenges and the best way I found was the home-button-trick in Classic-Mode. While I have no problems to defeat the Hands and the Master Core with my other mains I despair of handling the Hands with Meta Knight fast enough.
The Master Core as such is not really the problem but I loose one stock (or I receive great damage) before finally beat the Hands. Meta Knight deals only very low damage and the combos from the Hands are difficult to avoid over time.

So my question is: Is there any possibility to handle the Hands fast and safe?

PS: If there is a faster method to farm the headgears that would be great too.
I don't think so. Metaknight probably isn't a good character for this, If I were farming for headgear, I'd probably go with Dedede. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
Spamming D-air isn't too bad for damage, and it's really safe. Sometimes you may even be able to 'counter' moves with Dimensional Cape, like right as they try to grab you or slam down, which gives pretty nice damage while dodging if you know you can do it safely.

Alternatively you could play on 7.9 difficulty. Kinda the cheesy way out, but the rewards are still quite a lot and you save a ton of time from that last fight.

I've also heard people have had some fair luck with headgear in Target Blast, but that takes a lot of patience... Just check the map and restart every time there isn't a custom gear target. I think Meta Knight would also be pretty great at Trophy Rush with all his fast attacks, and I've heard people have some luck with headgear there, too.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
up air and down air spam, you can hit them with upsmash and fsmash while they're idle, and if they use a laggy move you can use tornado for 20%.

core is harder with MK, especially the mirror of you.

also I don't think MK is good for Trophy Rush from when I've tried him there. the best characters I've found are Falcon, Marth/Lucina, DK, and Jiggly. or maybe those are just my preferences I dunno.

Karasu

Smash Cadet
Thank you for all the replies, I finally did it xD

Thanks to the patch Nair is now a pretty good move too. It helped alot.

Edit:
up air and down air spam, you can hit them with upsmash and fsmash while they're idle, and if they use a laggy move you can use tornado for 20%.

core is harder with MK, especially the mirror of you.
Actually, Master Core and my Mirror are pretty easy for me to defeat. The beast-form is kind of annoying but otherwise the Hands were my only problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom