• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Master Core's Sword form

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
Anyone else think this guy's waaaay too tough? On all of my intensity 9 runs, it's the only thing that ever kills me.

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
It's indeed challenging. The best way to deal with it is to not spend so much time in the air and stick to the ground, dodging and shielding its attacks. The sword flies around in the air trying to bait you to do aerials so that once you're airborne you'll be in the perfect position for the sword to slash you right off the stage.

The best moment to use your aerials is right after you dodge one of its attacks and it sits idle for a little more than a second, but make sure you only limit yourself to one or two aerial hits, then quickly land back on the stage and get ready to dodge the next attack. At times the sword will fly at a lower height at the edge of the stage for you to use ground based attacks, so make sure to unleash your Smash attacks here.

Since the ground is your friend, I assume characters Little Mac have an advantage here. If you can, try to practice fighting Master Core with him. He is really really good at dodging on ground.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Has anybody figured out yet how to dodge the attack where the main sword hovers above and the smaller ones attack you one by one? Once you get caught by ONE slice, I can't escape anymore. Any tips?

espio87

Smash Ace
Has anybody figured out yet how to dodge the attack where the main sword hovers above and the smaller ones attack you one by one? Once you get caught by ONE slice, I can't escape anymore. Any tips?
Dodge the first four slashes like when you dodge Tabuu's Off Waves. When the final slash comes, you have plenty of time to get out of there.

@ Mataata Mataata : characters that can reflect projectiles can do a lot of damage by reflecting the slash shots it fires. Or use Ness/Mii Gunner to absorb them

Top Bottom