• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Master Core Wii U battle? Your opinion

Mr.Roman

Smash Rookie
who found Master Core to be a good idea and fun battle?

-Master Hand and Crazy Hand
-Master Giant
-Master Beast
-Master Edges
-Master Shadow
-Master Fortress

All on TWO STOCKS

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
First, this place belongs in the Solo subforum.

Second, i think it was very imaginative, dark, cool, yet fanfiction and theorycraft bait all at once.

616/10

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Master core is fun. I like the challenge it poses, and the concept of Master Hand having some inner core of energy explosively manifesting in destructive power.
Master Fortress is a massive pain in the ass though.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I personally think it is a welcome challenge. Bosses in smash never really transformed (Unless you count Giga bowser in melee) and it really changes everything up. It's not that random BS can kill you unlike those 8-player smashes you have to deal with. You can also master this boss and it puts your skills to the test. If you die it wasn't it's fault that you died, it was you. You can remember it's moves once you played enough of the boss already. It's a boss that teaches you not to rush and yet stay at a steady and calm pace if you want to beat it.

You even can't rush into the fortress otherwise they will kill you by the enemy that shoots a giant laser or the enemy that shoots a giant ball, rather take some time to destroy every enemy like those before you go for the core of the fortress. You'll feel so satisfied once you take down the boss in 9.0 once you remember all of it's moves and take out the enemies that can potentially kill you if you're not careful.

Everything about the boss isn't random that you will have no clue what move he will do. Even fortress isn't random because all of the enemy placement is the same which can give you a chance to plan how to take it out.

Definitely the hardest boss of smash history, but it will be satisfying to the end.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
It is growing on me as I figure him out. With that said, bosses have always felt misplaced in a game like Smash Bros imo.

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
The only challenging phase I had was Giant.
It got easier as it progressed.

D

Deleted member

(mine anyway)

Cons
1. The designs are rather generic.
2. The design of Master Fortress shouldn't lead you to the same pits.
3. The design of Master Fortress could be better and some things less jank in how you react and how they react to you.
4. The fights leave a lot to be desired with the learning curve as well as how certain mechanics leave an ambiguous interpretation.
5. Relies more on memory than player inputs compared to previous bosses (outside of Brawl's).
6. The part where you fight yourself is rather dull in my opinion and could have done without it to keep it more fresh.

Pros
1. Interesting seeing all the transformations.
2. The idea of a level for the fight is interesting.
3. The sword part is pretty cool for the most part.
4. Nice to have something outside of Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
I found it to be a lot of fun. But Master fortress was very difficult, I have only ever beat it with Link (although I've attempted very few times.) Some of the form changes are really freakin' cool. I only wish the Master Core itself was harder, because if your not played on 8.0 or higher you are probably going to win. Fortress is by far the hardest part of the battle.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
The more I fight him... the more I dislike boss fights in smash bros.

They needed to make him beatable with all characters... which seems to have lead to a very generic strategy. Hands are quick airs and dodges, giant and beast are find the quickest tilt and spam it, dodge/shield appropriately... blades is more quick airs. I have found a few variations with characters that have certain recoveries.(I have only downed fortress once, but I see a small amount more room for variation) In a lot of smash, different characters mean different approaches to how the game is played... this boss, and most bosses, takes most of this away.

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
I got a slightly major complaint.
I don't really like how you face Master Core by draining not even half of the hands HP.
Make it so that Core appears after more HP's drained.

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Master Beast is the worst part of the whole battle for me. It attacks so quickly and relentlessly, I spend more time trying to shield or dodge attacks (which it has quite a variety of, and I still have trouble predicting) than I do actually attacking. And my shield gets constantly broken, ugh.

I start at 9.0 but with each loss and each continue, get knocked down until I usually complete at 7.5. At that difficulty, Beast is a lot easier (attacks less often) but I don't get to fight Fortress.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
The Master Edges is the worst part of the master core, they just too fast with it spam attack with all the swords at once, the fortress is bad too because of the lazer enemies but once you take them out it a lot better.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Master Beast is the worst part of the whole battle for me. It attacks so quickly and relentlessly, I spend more time trying to shield or dodge attacks (which it has quite a variety of, and I still have trouble predicting) than I do actually attacking. And my shield gets constantly broken, ugh.

I start at 9.0 but with each loss and each continue, get knocked down until I usually complete at 7.5. At that difficulty, Beast is a lot easier (attacks less often) but I don't get to fight Fortress.
At this point my personal record is 8.0 difficulty... 7.5 is much more common though.

Master beast higher than that attacks so fast. It is really freaking hard to dodge, position, land a reasonable numbers of attacks then dodge again.

ShadowLBlue

Smash Apprentice
I do hate you only get 2 lives, mostly if you're playing on 8.0 and above where you also have to deal with Master Fortress, but otherwise I enjoy Master Core. I find Giant very annoying if you can't KO him quickly enough and he uses his best attacks first though.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice

I agree about Master Beast. At least with the other forms you have some time to react because they do a certain animation before they attack, Master Beast just charges at you. I feel like we just trade attacks.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't know who in his right mind thought the whole single-player experience in Smash Bros. 4 was even remotely close to fun.

Top Bottom