• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marths worst MUs and secondaries?

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
Well the title says it all who do you guys think marths worst match ups are and what secondaries should i have to cover these matchups. please give reasons for your answers thanks in advance

JUSTN

Smash Apprentice
well for secondaries i definitely recommend having at least 1 or more spacies so that you can use them if your marth is getting beat and can definitely change your opponents approach and can take him off his game so you can swtich back to marth and have a better chance. since im much more comfortable with marth, my switch to a spacie is mostly limited before i switch back. not saying my spacies are bad (i play as all 3), i just feel more confident with my marth and have more patience with him as well. i dont really know his matchups, but i know he is even with most melee high teirs and he counters Falcon.

thats all i got

SainSmash

Smash Rookie
I'm new to Smash bros, but I feel that my Marth has issues playing against characters with projectiles, as well as those who have excellent camp game (Zelda). I find it difficult to close the gap in some situations and overall they can stack up % while I try to set up my combos. In addition to range/camping I find faster characters such as Pit to cause difficulty. He seems to combo much easier than Marth and his ability to fly makes it difficult to combo in the air. That being said however, I feel he does fairly well against spacies.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
One of Marth's worst MU is Lucario. Marth can zone Lucario out with Fair and Nair but once Lucario gets in, Marth is combo food. Marth also can't do any of his Uair juggles because of Lucarios down B.

As for characters that are good against Lucario, I'd say Mewtwo as he can better zone Lucario out and Lucario can't really combo M2 because of his floatiness. Or you can always have a pocket spacy...

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
One of Marth's worst MU is Lucario. Marth can zone Lucario out with Fair and Nair but once Lucario gets in, Marth is combo food. Marth also can't do any of his Uair juggles because of Lucarios down B.

As for characters that are good against Lucario, I'd say Mewtwo as he can better zone Lucario out and Lucario can't really combo M2 because of his floatiness. Or you can always have a pocket spacy...
But Marth combos Lucario easily. If you have good spacing, Marth wins the MU. If you have lousy spacing, then Lucario will go Street Fighter on you. Lucario may have top tier potential, but Marth is definitely no slouch and outspaces him easily. Also, you don't want to shield vs Lucario or he'll work his magic. Wanna rely on DD baits, wavedashes, and general evasion rather than shielding. Also, Marth can juggle him pretty easily. Up air into upair true combos. Also, platform stages are pretty good in this MU, like BF, YS, and FoD. Easy tech chases and juggles into tech chases.

Space animals vs Lucario is like even. Because spacies can combo hard, but Lucario can combo just as hard, if not harder, and space animals are easier to tech chase, because of the fall speed.

As for Mewtwo beating Lucario, well Mewtwo has incredible range and spacing tools, so he can also zone Lucario. But when he goes in for KOs, he risks being comboed (unlike Marth who can tipper his smashes or aerials for KOs) because Mewtwo's best killers are close range (up throw, fair, dsmash, back throw). And Lucario has a pretty good recovery. Bair gimps decently, but not as much as one would think.

Top Bottom