• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's range longer than Lucina?

ellord

Smash Apprentice
Can anybody confirm that? I tried on trainning on battlefield, go underplatform and place many F-Smash until you're at the right position to hit the computer. However, the same thing with Lucina doesn't work. I think the tipper is also a extra range.

Edit: I tried on 3ds version 1.04

Last edited:

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
Marth does indeed have longer range than Lucina.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
So Marth does have longer range than Lucina.

Me and someone else on Monday was a bit confused on who had the longer range during a tournament I went to on Monday. Basically I managed to get in some good hits with Lucina against the person I was playing(who was using Marth), and it seemed that I was out ranging him a bit there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LE1emLDAZ8

Though the fact I was trying out this technique in the video above might explain it, since it does give Lucina a slightly longer range when performed.

ellord

Smash Apprentice
This is the foxtrotting that was already in brawl, also we had the reversal/Fsmash that does a similar thing. Im not sure, but I think the extra range is the tipper zone. The hitbox is a little disjointed of what we really see and can tipper when it don't even touch for our eyes (I'm on 3ds, still waiting for chrimas to get smash wii u)

Last edited:

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
This is the foxtrotting that was already in brawl, also we had the reversal/Fsmash that does a similar thing. Im not sure, but I think the extra range is the tipper zone. The hitbox is a little disjointed of what we really see and can tipper when it don't even touch for our eyes (I'm on 3ds, still waiting for chrimas to get smash wii u)
You and me both are waiting on that WiiU version with the 3DS it seems xD

Yeah, to add onto what ellord said, if Marth should swing their sword first, remember that their hitbox is extended forward a bit too. Because of this, it can give the illusion that Lucina can outrange Marth on certain situations. The foxtrotting is a great method for spacing well as both characters, and can lead to some great FSmash reads. Their ranges are only very small in difference, and Marth has to pay the price for his range, as some who are too close to him will not be hit by his swing. It's also based on where both of you are before the actual FSmash or outranging in general, as some situations lend to an advantage for one player over the other.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Very interesting information. I'll have to keep those tips in mind as an Marth/Lucina main.

Top Bottom