• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Manly Modifications - Brawl to Smash 4 Changes (Video Resource)

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Hey Marth mains. I've started a video series that illustrate the changes that character movesets have undergone from Brawl to Smash 4. The newest video I've completed in this series is of the manliest manly man ever - Marth:

http://smashboards.com/threads/new-...-from-brawl-moveset-comparison-series.373806/

In the stickied thread in General Smash 4 3ds discussion (will likely be moved to comp discussion), other character videos are listed. Eventually I will complete the entire Veteran roster! These take a huge amount of work and time to create, but I'm driven to complete it for you guys. I've been told by moderators that it's a good idea to also share these videos in the character-specific forums.

Hope you enjoy

Last edited:

Wraeith

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the comparison, very helpful for visualizing the changes. Also confirms my belief that Marth's range is virtually the same as Brawl, with the perception of the 3DS screen and new sword trail giving the illusion of shorter range. Some attacks even seem to have better arcs, forward air's is noticeable.

Although one complaint I have about the video is that it's very difficult to see the sword trail on the 3DS Final Destination due to the bright background. Not much you can do about it apart from waiting or choosing another stage though, sadly.

Conda

Thanks for the comparison, very helpful for visualizing the changes. Also confirms my belief that Marth's range is virtually the same as Brawl, with the perception of the 3DS screen and new sword trail giving the illusion of shorter range. Some attacks even seem to have better arcs, forward air's is noticeable.

Although one complaint I have about the video is that it's very difficult to see the sword trail on the 3DS Final Destination due to the bright background. Not much you can do about it apart from waiting or choosing another stage though, sadly.
Haha yeah a lot of the videos in this series that I've been working on turned out fine, but I forgot that while recording Marth's, FD's background was the bright wormhole. :p When it's the dark space or the sea background, things are a lot clearer. Bummer, but aw well.

I'm going to be making helpful videos like this for the Wii U version, so that problem won't be a thing - I've invested a lot of money in hardware and gear. The 3ds videos are function over form at the end of the day. Once the wii u version is out, all 3ds footage on the web is gonna look horrible by comparison, even those recorded with a capture card.

Thanks for the comment :)

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Nicely done dude, every resource helps with learning Marth's game. Though if I may make a suggestion, can you also add Lucina next to Marth or perhaps Roy to Lucina speed comparison? That ought to help with people's differing opinions on swing speed and such. Frame data exists, but sometimes people need to see it so they get the picture xD

Conda

Nicely done dude, every resource helps with learning Marth's game. Though if I may make a suggestion, can you also add Lucina next to Marth or perhaps Roy to Lucina speed comparison? That ought to help with people's differing opinions on swing speed and such. Frame data exists, but sometimes people need to see it so they get the picture xD
I'm going to work on more videos for sure - a Lucina comparison to Marth will be done once the Wii U version drops and I can use my hardware and gear to provide better footage. But hey, I can't help but make videos for the community now, so I'm making do with what I've got. :p Thanks for the comment man

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I'm going to work on more videos for sure - a Lucina comparison to Marth will be done once the Wii U version drops and I can use my hardware and gear to provide better footage. But hey, I can't help but make videos for the community now, so I'm making do with what I've got. :p Thanks for the comment man
Yeah, that'll be worlds of help xD Especially for those writing guides for Marth and Lucina and comparisons and such. I may adapt mine to do that at some point, but only time will tell xD

Conda

Yeah, that'll be worlds of help xD Especially for those writing guides for Marth and Lucina and comparisons and such. I may adapt mine to do that at some point, but only time will tell xD
I could do a 3ds version, but it'll be lower quality than I'd like. But I mean I'm doing 3ds videos now anyway, so what the heck. :p I'll get to work on it tonight and put the 'changes' series on a couple-day hiatus.

Thanks for the feedback

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I could do a 3ds version, but it'll be lower quality than I'd like. But I mean I'm doing 3ds videos now anyway, so what the heck. :p I'll get to work on it tonight and put the 'changes' series on a couple-day hiatus.

Thanks for the feedback
Of course dude xD So you know, your video has been linked to my post, so it should help out any other readers. Also, do let me know when you do get the update up there for the combo video so I can update it as well on my end.

Oh, one other thing is there is a combo off of SH DB to Uair/Dolphin Slash at high percents (around 130% +), just letting you know on my recent discovery xD Got the full details on my post if ya got time to check that out.

Top Bottom