• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's custom move combo. Potential names? Other Combos?

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
So let's start with the news customs are more than likely going to be allowed at Evo 2015 as evidence by this!

https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/565245966404448256

For those that don't know, Marth's second up special, Crescent Slash, can TRUE COMBO off a forward throw. As far as I know you can DI it, but I have tested it myself and at high %s and if you are fast enough, you can dash SH and still hit it with the tip and even kill, while still being a true combo. I don't have video evidence, but there is a lot of others confirming what I say, just check around Marth forum.

Anyway, one of the things I really like about Smash is the names the community comes up with for combos, like the Ken Combo and the Hoo Hah, I feel like they add a lot of character to the scene. I wanted to hear potential ideas for this combo, but I realize that won't catch on just from this post. What I ultimately hope for is someone at Evo2015 to rock the place as Marth with this combo and get it named after them, similar to Ken, but in the end that's just my delusions of grandeur.

And finally I wanted to see if anyone else had come up with any other sick combos, I figure this would either be in Q&A or someplace else but this is on the extremely low chance someone comes in here with a new combo assuming that was the one I was talking about and having never told the community.

Anyway let's breath some life into :4marth:and come up with some funny names!

P.S. I'm fairly certain it works with :4lucina: too but...HERO-KING 4 LIFE!

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
Crescent slash is also guaranteed upon an air grab release. This is very useful since lots of top tiers are short and therefore force an air grab release.

Shadestars

Smash Cadet
Think everyone already just calls it the Crescent Combo.

I think Dashing Assualt combo's into a few things aswell, especially if it isn't teched by the opponent. I havent got my 3ds on me atm so I cant test, but I always get tilt's or side B's to connect after Dashing Assaults, not sure if it's true comboing though.

There's a whole bunch of awesome string combo's though, like the up-tilted side-b sets up Crescent Slash perfectly sometimes. Pretty awesome c:

Top Bottom