• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs Zelda matchup

ObdurateMARio

Smash Apprentice
I have a nightmare of a time playing vs Zelda. I have friends whose mains I 2-3 stock, but they 3-4 stock me when they're Zelda. It's insane, she's like my kyptonite. The only success I ever have is when playing VERY defensively and campy, every time i try to approach I get grabbed (her grab lasts like 5 years ffs), or if I can grab her, I can't really do a lot to her before she uses her recovery to teleport away. I can post video if it helps, even the CPU wrecks me usually.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Zelda is strong inside kick range and when you're far enough away to let her put up Din's Fire. The middle ground is completely free, and for a highly mobile character like Marth that's a pretty wide space. Dashdance at the edge of her range until she commits to something, then punish her for it.

Darth_Nova32

Smash Rookie
I have the same problem man... He considers himself a Zelda main cause he wanted to prove that she can be played competitively in melee but as soon as I started 3-4 stocking him consistantly he stopped trying. We were in the finals for a PM bracket and he played Zelda. BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF ME TWICE. I was so confused by... just... everything... I was really ticked and upset and for some reason I decided to switch to Samus in game 3... yyyaaaahhh big mistake. Well anyways, Zelda just wrecks in PM. lol I don't really have much advice to give though... Just do what InfinityCollision said :) haha but keep your head up! I beat him eventually (in a really close match) and I believe in youu!

D

Deleted member

the zelda mu of her vs anyone is always the same, she camps you and you camp her and whoever stops camping first loses. its not the MU thats faulty, its her entire character. the MU itself it stupid because so many big stages allow zelda to trade hits forever. imo even average zeldas should beat good marths purely on the virtue that she can choose to never commit and it becomes degenerate really quick.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The only time I wouldn't do this MU, is when it's the Zelda CP and you can't remove all of the big stages. You'll be in for a really not fun time. So ya, switch chars if you beat her Game 1 and be even lamer than her.

ObdurateMARio

Smash Apprentice
yeah the Zelda pissed me off so bad that I picked up Falco, and I just laser camp her until she does something.

I stand by the notion that Zelda is an example of poor character design.

Top Bottom