• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Vs Snake Matchup thoughts

SyndicateSniper

Smash Rookie
NNID
Syndicate318
I have heard many people say that snake has a positive matchups vs Marth in Brawl. I don't agree with this i think that marth actually has an edge because of spacing reasons and the ability to juggle him. If someone has other thoughts i would love have another input.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
no not really, we just assumed he was broken back in 09-10
then we just we all learned the matchup finally
i know snake was thought to beat Wario and Toon Link back then solidly
now toon link wins the MU and wario is also even

SyndicateSniper

Smash Rookie
NNID
Syndicate318
no not really, we just assumed he was broken back in 09-10
then we just we all learned the matchup finally
i know snake was thought to beat Wario and Toon Link back then solidly
now toon link wins the MU and wario is also even
I am referring to that compared to falco or others even though the meta says otherwise, tournament results say that he has more evens than thought

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Very even matchup but if anyone has the edge it's Marth. Sure Snake does big damage, KOes earlier and has the advantage in neutral but Marth is really deadly once he gains momentum (Snake gets comboed and juggled really easily by Marth) and CAN gimp Snake sometimes when he gets Snake offstage at not too high % (at high percents Fair hits Snake too far). Marth also has much safer tools than Snake does. Snake's Ftilt has a lot of range but isn't really a safe poke tool even at max range vs Marth because it's unsafe on shield. Snake actually can't punish a Marth shielding that well in mid range except by commiting with his risky, mediocre dash grab which loses to just about everything else Marth chooses to do in that position. Other than that Snake can just throw Grenades, wait until Marth commits with something (which you may have to read which kind of commitment he chooses) or wait until Marth's shield gets smaller.

Top Bottom