• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs. Ice Climbers

FrankDaTank

Smash Cadet
I've never really fought an ICs player until about a month ago, and I'm kind of struggling in this MU, particularly because some of the ICs players where I'm from are wobblemasters.

I know that down tilt and spaced forward airs on shield are good, but what can I do about blizzard walls, ice blocks, and the ICs wavedash down smashes?

A lot of the time I'll be spacing forward airs on shield and they'll just roll behind me and that's definitely not where I want them, or they'll wavedash out and down smash me.

Also, whenever I try to grab one of them, it seems like no matter which Climber I grab, I always end up eating something from the other one.

What do I do against ICs defensive walls? How do I avoid getting grabbed by them more effectively? Should I just camp platforms against them if they refuse to approach?

Also, is there any somewhat reliable way to just get rid of Nana relatively early? Sometimes I have trouble eliminating her and I end up getting screwed by Popo because I DI an unexpected smash attack from him horribly.

Last edited:

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
Posting here because I want to learn more about the IC game.

Top Bottom