• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs Crouch Cancel

Zack Fair b

Smash Rookie
I was wondering how everyone deals with crouch canceling. Mostly when I play against a Shiek and I try to approach with Fair or Nair but I cannot seem to do any real damage. Should i focus more on grabs?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Getting Sheik in the air is a priority in the matchup, so you should be looking for an opportunity to grab to uthrow and start a juggle. Sheik has a difficult time getting back down so use that to your advantage to rack up damage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You're traditional options vs CC are to grab, or to space moves like Dtilt near the very tippy tip so that even if they CC, it's unlikely they can punish. Vs Sheik, jumping is hella bad. Actually, make that vs 90% of chars. Don't jump with Marth

Last edited:

Spy

Smash Rookie
I like to think that Marth shouldn't be using his sword so much in neutral, especially not while approaching. Stick to well spaced dtilts and grabs and you won't have as much of an issue with being crouch-cancelled.

D

Deleted member

Apart from grabs, dair works (sometimes with a momentum jump OoS, but less useful), down-tilt and the CCC depending on situation
dair is bad don't use it

all of marth's conversions in neutral should be grab, tip dtilt, or waiting better. encouraging your opponent to jump at you still counts as waiting better btw

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
It is a pro-forma anti-CC because spikes&meteors can't get CCd in a way that the hitstun is cancelled. It is unlikely that you will come across situations where it is good in neutral.

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
Grab is the answer.
Also you shouldn't really approach as Marth, just control space with dash-dancing with a mix of wave-dashes to avoid being repetitive/obvious. You can then punish whiffs with x or approaches with tilts.

Sheik more or less has the same neutral game, so if you jump in with Nair or Fair she'll most likely use her amazing Nair OOS.

Preacher

Smash Cadet
You should also never approach someone with a forward air. Neutral air is also a bad approach option. It's one of those things you throw out to make opponents respect your space, and hope they run into it.

Top Bottom