• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth V Mewtwo

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
pretty frustrating matchup imo. What do you guys do vs mewtwo? how do you play the match up ? or do you switch off to a secondary? if so which secondarys do you use?

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
pretty frustrating matchup imo. What do you guys do vs mewtwo? how do you play the match up ? or do you switch off to a secondary? if so which secondarys do you use?
I actually just ditto the Mewtwo for the most part. However, sometimes I play as Marth in this MU.

Stages to ban: Dracula's Castle, Skyworld, aka any big stage.
Stages to fight him on: Dreamland 64, the neutrals, Fountain of Dreams, aka smaller stages.

-You can Up B OoS if you shield the Hover Nair.

-You should try juggling Mewtwo. Then when he tries to Teleport downward, if you read it, you can get some more juggle oppurtunities on him.

-Most Mewtwo's are very predictable with their Teleport. Offstage? Grab ledge. Neutral? Expect him to Teleport in front of you and hover nair or Teleport behind and shadow ball or bair. When you're swingin' at him, and hitting him, but its not a full combo, some Mewtwo's may try to Teleport behind you to strike with a forward air. Bair or dair counters this. This however, must come off a read.

-You can stuff Teleport Hover nair approaches by throwing out JABS. If you're confident, go for up tilt, and if you spaced it RIDICULOUSLY well, fsmash tipper. SHFFL Nair in place when he Teleports covers both options pretty well, so does SHFFL dair, but that's a bit more risky. Also, you could throw out Counter if you see it coming as well.

-When Mewtwo is at the ledge, most Mewtwos will try to DJ and Teleport back on stage, where it'll autocancel with correct spacing. You can punish by spacing your self near the ledge so you can strike if he decides to get up from the ledge, or teleport towards center stage.

-At high percentages, avoid grabs. After 115%, up throw is KOing Marth pretty easily on most stages except Dream Land.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I actually just ditto the Mewtwo for the most part. However, sometimes I play as Marth in this MU.

Stages to ban: Dracula's Castle, Skyworld, aka any big stage.
Stages to fight him on: Dreamland 64, the neutrals, Fountain of Dreams, aka smaller stages.
Can't agree with DL64 at all, you should use Yoshi's Story, Wario Ware, Green Hill Zone, FoD (he can only ban three of those)

-You can Up B OoS if you shield the Hover Nair.
If he fades away I would WD out or fair/nair but otherwise correct

-You should try juggling Mewtwo. Then when he tries to Teleport downward, if you read it, you can get some more juggle oppurtunities on him
Juggle from under him, with up-air to avoid his shadow claw.

-Most Mewtwo's are very predictable with their Teleport. Offstage? Grab ledge. Neutral? Expect him to Teleport in front of you and hover nair or Teleport behind and shadow ball or bair. When you're swingin' at him, and hitting him, but its not a full combo, some Mewtwo's may try to Teleport behind you to strike with a forward air. Bair or dair counters this. This however, must come off a read.

-You can stuff Teleport Hover nair approaches by throwing out JABS. If you're confident, go for up tilt, and if you spaced it RIDICULOUSLY well, fsmash tipper. SHFFL Nair in place when he Teleports covers both options pretty well, so does SHFFL dair, but that's a bit more risky. Also, you could throw out Counter if you see it coming as well.
F-smash is laggy so I would recommend tilts and jab (great idea btw)

-When Mewtwo is at the ledge, most Mewtwos will try to DJ and Teleport back on stage, where it'll autocancel with correct spacing. You can punish by spacing your self near the ledge so you can strike if he decides to get up from the ledge, or teleport towards center stage.

-At high percentages, avoid grabs. After 115%, up throw is KOing Marth pretty easily on most stages except Dream Land.

Top Bottom