• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth top platform jump cancel?

Klas

Smash Rookie
Soo... I'm new to melee and I haven't checked for any posts here on smashboards regarding this. When I was playing yesterday I noticed that if you jump at the right height to a top platform on yoshi's or battlefield, marth will land and return to neutral stance pretty quickly.

You can time this with a smash or tilt attack if you're quick enough

I'm simply wondering, does anyone know if this could be more effective than wavelanding + attacking?

From what I've seen right now it seems that the landing > neutral > attack seems faster if you're precise.

These sort of things could maybe be used in combo situations to follow up moves with large hitstun?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm simply here to learn :]

Last edited:

A_Reverie

Smash Apprentice
This is a well known technique called No-Impact Landing (NIL) Another well known instance of it is Falco's full hop to the top platform on Battlefield.

Klas

Smash Rookie
This is a well known technique called No-Impact Landing (NIL) Another well known instance of it is Falco's full hop to the top platform on Battlefield.
Is it faster than fullhop > waveland > smash attack though, or is it slower?

Top Bottom