• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth+Shield

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
Marth with the Fire Emblem, same speed but some shield attacks/things, like a dash-bash or bash, some side+b variation...good idea or bad idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC_qrOJRTP8 (after 1min)

I don't see it functioning in the same way Link uses his shield but more like he uses his sword with less range, or being used for many moves, just a sort of decor thing otherwise.

D

Deleted member

Nope.

Melee has practically destroyed any need for it, ever again.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm not exactly sure of what you guys are implying, please elaborate (explain further). Then again, maybe I seriously need some coffee.....

D

Deleted member

In his NES games Marth had a shield, as well as a sword. It had the Fire Emblem (literaly a fire emblem) engraved on it, but it was only an end of game item.

Thanks Wikipedia.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
He is popular and perhaps the most recognized Fire Emblem character. I have seen clips of Fire Emblem and noticed that the Lords have flashy and crazy looking moves. I wonder why Marth’s attacks seem dull.

But besides a little pizzazz during his swordplay, Marth needs to be toned down. Or rather more specialized. He can’t have speed, range, stun, and power. Let us examine the other sword niches.

Metaknight and Pit (although I guess technically he uses blades) seem to be fast swipers mainly used for adding damage. Link has long broad strokes that seem to be more power based.

Marth has range, but should hit slower then Metaknight and with less KO power then Link. Therefore, he has a nice balanced sword, but can still be graceful in the air with combo opportunities. And if his grab range (which doesn’t even make sense) is shortened, he could very well be balanced and represent his franchise. Judging by the castle stage there will be at least one Fire Emblem character.

D

Deleted member

Soz dude, but what does that have to do with his shield?

fATBURNER

Smash Rookie
I think a shield would be great! and would make him a lot better but i dont think they will give him one if he's in it

Top Bottom