• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth/Sheik vs Fox

Tawkos

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tawkos
Hey there, spacie brethren. I'm a local top fox player of my region (from puerto rico, I also stream occasionally) and to be honest, I find these MU's unnecessarily hard. I don't know what to add to my game to get around Marth's DD/grab mixups and I can only try to punish really hard, as the neutral in that MU is so weird for me. Same thing more or less vs Sheik, slightly more "annoying" but easier to punish her harder. Any tips or matches that specifically highlight certain MU stuff I can take from? pls halp.

Foar

Clorox Warrior
Try to avoid grab up air strings on sheik at low percents. Up throw + 2 uptilts + into bair works well and does overall more damage and can put them in a bad situation. If you don't already you should implement laser usage into your game as it adds a lot of pressure and will usually (if not always) make them come to you. Use PS and Dreamland to your advantage as much as possible as they give you more space and let you move around more freely.

MrWeavile

Smash Apprentice
Find what triggers Marths to commit to something. Almost any commitment with Marth is punishable, so finding the right bait for the grab or mis-spaced dtilt/aerial is crucial for getting round his lame DDing. Try throwing out an attack that looks like it's in his space but is actually safe enough to retreat and punish.

Last edited:

SSB Pride

Smash Rookie
When i'm against a competent marth i usually just laser camp, I co-main marth and fox and whenever i play marth vs campy fox its really difficult to get in. But if your into playing a bit slow with fox you could just try to get the marth to commit to a combo and then punish from there (as MrWeavile said)

LMN8

Smash Rookie
In addition to what these other guys said it can really help to know what combos work well on specifically marth. drillshine/run in shine into upsmash /upthrow are really effective on marth. one of my friends once said run in shine on marth is like shooting a laser beam at him, since then ive really found it to be a very good approach against marth. mix these combos with run and gunning and you will be good to go in this matchup.

Top Bottom