• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth or Ike

marth marth marth

Smash Apprentice
who do u think is gonna be the better character, Ike seems to be a pretty decent character with his hard hits and he isnt as slow as everyone said he was, but marth may have a few nerfs but still seems to be a solid character. Who do u think will end up better?

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
ike has already proven himself as pretty much garbage tier: crappy recovery, slow moves, slow movement. but thats not stopping me from playing him. theres no question that marth will be better than ike.

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
In terms of...
killing power - ike
speed - marth
range - ike
aerials - marth
lag time - marth
recovery - marth
final smash - marth

Overall - marth is better

draigaran

Smash Apprentice
Generally faster players have the advantage. But the difference between the characters really depends on who's playing them. We all know Gimpyfish rocks at using Bowser :b. However, I can't imagine Ike being high tier whereas I can easily see Marth being high tier. (I know Brawl has been out for two days. Yes this is just speculation. Yes I'm just excited about getting Brawl, so I think about these things.)

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ive main marth for 4 yrs but i really like ike i will only main both of em ill prolly be good with both but i got to have to game to decide

but whos better
with marths nerfs and buffs (atk speed) and a little moveset variation his metagame will be pretty diff but it will resemble melees a little but i think ike wins ground game but not by much and of course marth wins air game
but im thrilled with having a heavy swordsmen and fast swordsmen i couldnt have it better

InfiniDragon615

Smash Journeyman
Not this already, I expected it but this is rather fast. I like them both, and as such will use them both, but as for who is better, time will tell.

EDIT: The one thing I will say is I think both characters will be pretty high up there from what I've seen of them. FE = hacked I guess. :laugh:

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
lol FE swordsmen are the best of em all

FE swordsmen for top t..GOD TIER XD

MonsterCC

Smash Cadet
I liked having both Marth and Roy in Melee, so having my main Marth back is cool, but now we get a proper slower swordsman character with his own moves.
So yeah they both rock.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
I think it's WAY too early to tell who's better. If I had to make a guess it'd be Marth (because he was really good in Melee), but again we don't know.

I plan to use Ike myself, and continue to polish my sucky Marth skills using him as a secondary. FE characters are too cool.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Ike, no question. Although, a fight between the two will be interesting. I might be wrong but Ike has proven to be faster than once thought. I say give him a shot. Who knows, the heavy hitter may surprise you.

Rakath

Smash Ace
A lot of the big Ike issues that were hit on from E4A on have seemed to have vanished... Marth still seems a little better to me, but it's a new game... we can't tell tiers yet even bewteen two characters.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ive watched a ton of ike vidz and just a few moves combined with his insane AAA can change a match but on the other hand marth is always on ur a**

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Idk man. Honestly, it's like Ike looks awesome and stuff but I already main Marth in Melee. But hey, if I can ajust better to Ike in Brawl, Ike. Just whoever I'm better with. But I'll use both of them for sure.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably just main Marth again (unless I like Pit a lot) but have Ike as a secondary. Can't see not playing Ike no matter how bad he is, I like his character a lot.

Top Bottom