• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth on Platforms

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
With Marth, it becomes very dangerous for his opponents to be above him. They will be forced to go to the ledges to get back on the main stage if they make a mistake. If you've ever seen Sethlon play Roy in Project M, that's the kinda stuff you want to achieve. Make everywhere above you a hugely dangerous place to be. Try your damnedest to keep them in the air with up air. It overall makes his nerfed air game force to be reckoned with once again.

Marth can also use up-b from center stage in basically instantly land on the middle platform. This allows for some Dancing Blade into up-b combos that are completely safe, and you get the extra hit from up-b in.

This is moreso speaking about Battlefield, though.

Last edited:

ynim

Smash Rookie
What specifically should you use to hit an opponent on one of the side platforms directly above you? I feel like just going for Utilt is probably best, but following up from there I have no clue. So many options that I have no idea what to pick, personally.

Top Bottom