• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Help

VillainFan42

Smash Cadet
NNID
VillainFan42
3DS FC
4511-1345-7864
Okay, here's the thing. Up until now, I played Smash Bros. mostly casually. Now, though, in light of the For Glory online mode, I decided to get into competitive smash. So I go onto For Glory, and I repeatedly get curbstomped. Didn't matter if my opponents were high-tier or low-tier, I'd always lose. Granted, the game just came out, so the tiers are questionable, but my point is that I do poorly against all opponents.

Bottom line, I need help using Marth competitively. Also, since I just got into competitive, I have absolutely zero grasp on the terminology. I know the terminology for attack inputs (Uair, Ftilt, etc.) but everything else is jargon to me. So I need help not only with using Marth on For Glory, but also understanding the competitive terminology in general.

I'm well aware that I'm a noob. I also know that Marth was nerfed in many areas, but I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Well, there are currently two guides posted here for Marth players to read up on.

First is Emblem Lord's Marth/Lucina strategies that goes into general placement, setups, and such. Though it is coming from a Marth with experience, so knowing the terminology will be key to understanding how all of it works:
http://smashboards.com/threads/promotion-to-great-lord-marth-lucina-strategy-notes.370731/

Second is my own guide on my findings for Marth, with a couple of other people's contributions to the post as well. Being similar to you, as I am also trying to enter the competitive scene, so I made mine a bit new Marth friendly:
http://smashboards.com/threads/marth-combos-setups-strategies.372527/

Hopefully these guides will give you the help you need. Feel free to ask questions and I'm sure someone from the community will answer them as best they can ^^ If as well you'd want visual demonstrations on the topics I cover, just let me know xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom