• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth approach

Nowayitsj

Smash Rookie
Haven't seen anything about this yet unless I've just missed it, but marth has a really good approach that's been really good to me and very useful in practice.

Its pretty simple but I dont see any Marths do it, its just short hop fair >ff > dtilt. Its a really safe (vs most characters)move to get close to your opponent and if they get hit by the dilt it sets up for whatever else you want, at my locals I fair dtilted my opponent across one side of the stage to the other linking them together (tho I'm sure it was just because he wasn't very good) about 3 times really fast.
you can just fair counter vs some characters who have fast enough moves to clash or hit before your dtilt, but if you tipper your fair from my experience anyway, no move can mess up the dtilt other than moving away then you just chase.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
This is where you are so wrong yo.

Short hop bair > ff > d-tilt. (You didn't even mention it) Don't forget the extreme amounts of fox trotting, and the reverse dash, and tiny amounts of dash dancing (but that's w/e).

bair does like 5 more damage than fair, and you can also fast fall sooner compared to the fair. But each have their unique hit box though, bair's hit box is pretty awesome, but yeah, I use bair like 80% of the time at least, and fair 20%.

Some of the fairs, bairs, and d-tilts lead to f smashs aswell.

I sometimes do a short hop side B1>fair

I sometimes try to get them with the neutral air as it leads to like anything, usually for punishing them. Short hop air dodge>nair is good also.

"Its pretty simple but I dont see any Marths do it"
Screw everyone else man, you aint gonna see anything. Discover it all yourself and win.

Nowayitsj

Smash Rookie
This is where you are so wrong yo.

Short hop bair > ff > d-tilt. (You didn't even mention it) Don't forget the extreme amounts of fox trotting, and the reverse dash, and tiny amounts of dash dancing (but that's w/e).

bair does like 5 more damage than fair, and you can also fast fall sooner compared to the fair. But each have their unique hit box though, bair's hit box is pretty awesome, but yeah, I use bair like 80% of the time at least, and fair 20%.

Some of the fairs, bairs, and d-tilts lead to f smashs aswell.

I sometimes do a short hop side B1>fair

I sometimes try to get them with the neutral air as it leads to like anything, usually for punishing them. Short hop air dodge>nair is good also.

"Its pretty simple but I dont see any Marths do it"
Screw everyone else man, you aint gonna see anything. Discover it all yourself and win.
ya that's true, bairs easier to get it off of as well, I just included only fair because its a tad safer to zone and wall with with its better range, however bair if you can, is overall much better you're right on that. I'll try bair more, and ya if you perfect pivot fox trot and have good movement in general that goes with marth so well makes it even better and harder to be punished. I didnt intend this to be used 24/7 though, more as a mix up but it can be used a lot of the game, Martha dtilt is just so good

Top Bottom