• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Offstage Game

Zero Meddler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroMeddler
3DS FC
1633-4671-0386
Hey everyone, I need a little bit of advice as to fighting people offstage. I find myself either waiting at the edge for the opponent to get back on so I may finish them off or following them as they are off the stage only to whiff or have most of my attacks dodged. What would you recommend I do to help my offstage game and what are some ways I could gimp people?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Your best option to edgeguard is generally N-air. Sometimes B-air if you can get under them.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Fireballing off-stage is your safest option.

B-air walling also works at lower percents, and N-air works if you time it to stuff an Up-B.

It really depends on how well you read your opponent and understanding what options to make, but at the very least if your opponent is going low, you can manipulate his recovery through fireballs and having a strong off-stage presence.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
As said previously, N-air, B-air and Fireballs are your best options. Cape + FLUDD in certain situations.
Also if your opponent doesn't see it coming, a f-air with Mario facing the stage can do wonders. Be careful not to waste your double jump before the the f-air.

Kwam$tack$

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwamStackS
Literally everything in your aerial arsenal. You just have to be confident enough to go out and do it. Bair, fair, reverse fair to mix it up, nair, sometimes dair to stop their upb then cape or some other form of gimp

Top Bottom