• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's fsmash range extension(much better than stutter stepping)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Stutter stepping is basically canceling the initial dash a few frames in with teh fsmash to get a bit of extra range. Not much but noticable.

Well, I noticed something. When mario fsmashes in the opposite direction that he's facing, he actually swivels on his rear foot, and gets a lot more range than he normally does. So if you want an extra entire bodylength in range to do the reverse fsmash forwards, smash back and then instantly forward on the c-stick. You either stutterstep or pivot the fsmash. Optimally it would be a pivot, because you stutter step in a direction opposite you the way your fsmash steps, and therefore decreases its range, but compared to this the stutter step is so small that it makes no difference. With this, mario's fsmash is easily on par with lucario's, maybe even longer.

???????

Smash Journeyman
This can be done without the aid of the C-stick, as can stutter stepping, which is good if you want to B-stick, but this has already been known.

*In case you're wondering how this trick is done without the C-stick you turn backward and turn back immediately, but as you turn back forward use your Fsmash; it's tricky to do but once again it's an alternative if you want to
B-stick*

*Test out Capedashing based on my description; I need at least one person to do it while I try to set up a video*

*I do not mean to discredit this finding at all because not many people know this trick and is indeed a staple for all Mario players to know*

Top Bottom