• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Final Smash Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
It looks like it travels faster and no longer pushes opponents out of its hitbox, so it'll be harder to escape vertically, but it also seems as though the speed increase means that it will phase through some enemies before they reach the blast zone, like what happens to ZSS and Fox.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seems faster and larger than before. It definitely looks cooler than Brawl's version. It doesn't push the opponent too far either. I'm liking it.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
"Just as ineffective"

What? Methinks you never even used that move before.
Basic jumping ability and walls is what kills the final smash.

Most characters can simply just jump over the thing or if they're close enough to Mario, run behind him depending on the stage.

Walls get in the way and stop the characters caught in the special while letting the attack continue on.

Even some heavyweight characters can sometimes just muscle through Mario's final smash when at low percentages.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
And thus reason two out of two why Mario wasn't my favorite to play as anymore in Brawl has been confirmed for Smash 4.

But hopefully like it has been stated, it will be buffed or something before release.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Wow, they can change Kirby and Pit's Final Smash, but not Nintendo's mascot who's clearly needed buffed and was among the least favorite of Final Smashes.
. . .Wow.
Clear favoritism in this installment of Smash.
Well, they did change Luigi's to the Poltergust, but I was hoping they would make him a completely unique character with a moveset inspired from Luigi's Mansion.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Wow, they can change Kirby and Pit's Final Smash, but not Nintendo's mascot who's clearly needed buffed and was among the least favorite of Final Smashes.
. . .Wow.
Clear favoritism in this installment of Smash.
Well, they did change Luigi's to the Poltergust, but I was hoping they would make him a completely unique character with a moveset inspired from Luigi's Mansion.
....Mario needed no new Final Smash, unlike Pit and Kirby who got new material in between Brawl and SSB4.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
....Mario needed no new Final Smash, unlike Pit and Kirby who got new material in between Brawl and SSB4.
Mario's final smash never represented his own series to begin with, so a change really isn't unwarranted.

...and Mario has gotten new material since Brawl... the cat suit in 3D World is an example.

I mean the move it's supposedly based off of is from a spin-off game and doesn't even look that much like it. Plus, on top of all of that, it sucked.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
............ Um, Mario has received new stuff in between Brawl and SSB4.
http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_games_by_date
Here's a link with all the games released after Brawl. Yeah, there's plenty.
I mean the move it's supposedly based off of is from a spin-off game and doesn't even look that much like it. Plus, on top of all of that, it sucked.
Yeah I'm not sure where it's from either. Honestly, I've never seen it before.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Mario's final smash never represented his own series to begin with, so a change really isn't unwarranted.

...and Mario has gotten new material since Brawl... the cat suit in 3D World is an example.

Sure, the move sucked....If the user sucked as well. Just because you were bad at using it doesn't mean it was bad.

http://youtu.be/BGJgfsJd34Y?t=17m18s

Ever heard of the Fire Flower?
More specifically, is more or less based off his Ultra Flame.

And the cat suit as a Final Smash is lame. That is a common power up that is available to everyone and is not unique to Mario in any way. That is like saying that they should make the Raccoon leaf, the Metal Box or the Fire Flower his Final Smash when those are items that literally anyone in Smash can use. It doesn't even scream "Super Move" like Kirby's Ultra Powers or Pit's Sacred Treasures which amps up their powers up to eleven.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Sure, the move sucked....If the user sucked as well. Just because you were bad at using it doesn't mean it was bad.

http://youtu.be/BGJgfsJd34Y?t=17m18s

Ever heard of the Fire Flower?
More specifically, is more or less based off his Ultra Flame.

And the cat suit as a Final Smash is lame. That is a common power up that is available to everyone and is not unique to Mario in any way. That is like saying that they should make the Raccoon leaf, the Metal Box or the Fire Flower his Final Smash when those are items that literally anyone in Smash can use. It doesn't even scream "Super Move" like Kirby's Ultra Powers or Pit's Sacred Treasures which amps up their powers up to eleven.
The first part was just uncalled for.

Secondly, that's exactly what I said... it was based off a move from a Mario spin-off, not even the main Mario games... and the fire flower has never made him shoot a fire dragon out of his hands. Heck, it doesn't even look like the move it was taken from in Mario RPG.

Mega Mario, White Tanooki Mario, Rainbow Mario, or Mario riding Plessie could all work as well and all of which taken from the actual main series Mario games.

Mario isn't Ryu... he's Mario.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The first part was just uncalled for.

Secondly, that's exactly what I said... it was based off a move from a Mario spin-off, not even the main Mario games... and the fire flower has never made him shoot a fire dragon out of his hands. Heck, it doesn't even look like the move it was taken from in Mario RPG.

Mega Mario, White Tanooki Mario, Rainbow Mario, or Mario riding Plessie could all work as well and all of which taken from the actual main series Mario games.

Mario isn't Ryu... he's Mario.
You're right, I apologize for that part.

Although Mario is basically the Ryu of Smash Bros.
He has the fireball, the anti-aerial uppercut and a spinning move.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
You're right, I apologize for that part.

Although Mario is basically the Ryu of Smash Bros.
He has the fireball, the anti-aerial uppercut and a spinning move.
You know, we can agree to disagree... and you are probably right that the move is good if you know how to use it... I'll just need to practice it more.

SirSplash

Smash Rookie
awww man i would've liked if they did something from galaxy 2 like his rock form or something... i didn't really like his final smash from brawl

Hejjihoggu

Smash Rookie
I use Mario alot in the Smash Bros. games. Sure his Final Smash is Brawl was crap and no where compared to some other Final Smashes, but it was decent enough for me (and probably only me). However, I think we should try to give this a chance, since they've added a few extra things to it. If I decide against Pac-Man being my main, I'll try Mario for the heck of it.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Mega Mario would be neat, causing the stomped enemies to enter this state:

Also, Mario could Ground Pound to launch his foes.

SirSplash

Smash Rookie

Mega Mario would be neat, causing the stomped enemies to enter this state:

Also, Mario could Ground Pound to launch his foes.
i was thinking mega mario would be a great idea but then people would start complaining about there already being an item that turns the characters big

JoseStriker

Smash Rookie
Just compare the current final smash of Mario with the final smash of Samus, i mean COME ON!

Almost the same way to use it but the one that she has really means KO in 50% or more, its faster, hard to dodge and she can control it

Favoritism on sight

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
I always thought Mario's final smash needed a change, for reasons everyone's already stated. (somewhat offtopic, it's now his final smash is SSF2 as well, and I don't understand why they took out fire Mario in favor of the Mario Finale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom