• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's D-Air High Priority/Super Armor

The Master of Mario

Smash Journeyman
Right after the first few frames of the move it seems to have this, but not during the end of the move. When Mario is spinning its high priority/ Super Armor. With D-Air you can drill through someone with a Hammer.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
uhmm I've been hit during the spin plenty of times... you might just be clanking with it.

???????

Smash Journeyman
The Hammer has some holes in its movement which could explain why you could hit your opponent, but still try experimenting more and find out what you come up with. Also, I believe the Usmash could have some frames of invulnerability near the end of the move where Mario headbutts.

*I’m pretty sure the Up B has some invulnerability frames (This seems obvious but I have no real confirmation)*

The Master of Mario

Smash Journeyman
Mario can D-Air into Bowser's Dsmash and go toe to toe with Metaknights Special B. If Mario is to close to MetaKnight his move comes out faster so it hits and if he is just slightly out of range he takes no damage. His fists and Toes seem to act like disjointed hit boxes. I will keep looking for anything else with this move.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the last hit is what matters most since it has the most knockback and deals the most damage (7%); it's still a good idea to connect with the initial attack.

Top Bottom