• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Combos

Jackson

Smash Lord
I got into Smash with Brawl, so I'm not all that used to long strings of attacks. Being able to do that stuff is actually what drew me to Project M: those long combos look incredibly fun. I've chosen Mario as my main, and I understand he's a decent combo character. However, at this point (I started PM yesterday haha), I don't really know which of his moves string together well. Could you guys tell me which ones link well, which ones start combos, and which ones continue them? Thanks guys, I really want to work this into my game.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Dthrow into
Uair
More dthrow
Utilt
Dair into nair/bair/uair

Jab into
Dsmash
Mix up fsmash
Grab
Uair on taller slower characters

Dtilt
Into dsmash or fsmash or grab or jab into stuff

Utilt into
Uair
Dair
Fair

More stuff can be found by watching people play

Jackson

Smash Lord
Dthrow into
Uair
More dthrow
Utilt
Dair into nair/bair/uair

Jab into
Dsmash
Mix up fsmash
Grab
Uair on taller slower characters

Dtilt
Into dsmash or fsmash or grab or jab into stuff

Utilt into
Uair
Dair
Fair

More stuff can be found by watching people play
Good stuff, thanks.

Counterpwnt

Smash Rookie
NNID
Counterpwnt
IMO, Mario's nair can be a great way to start combos once the opponent is at or above 20%. With the right momentum, his nair can take a horizontal trajectory that sends the opponent in a fairly predictable direction, barring SDI. Leaping forward just as you start nair means you can land, l-cancel, and follow up with a dash attack, smash attack, or even another nair kick.

Jackson

Smash Lord
IMO, Mario's nair can be a great way to start combos once the opponent is at or above 20%. With the right momentum, his nair can take a horizontal trajectory that sends the opponent in a fairly predictable direction, barring SDI. Leaping forward just as you start nair means you can land, l-cancel, and follow up with a dash attack, smash attack, or even another nair kick.
True. Thanks, that seems to work.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Oh yea
Nair>dsmash
Do it
Nair grab
Nair...fsmash mix up forgot about those BnB

Freddoe

Smash Rookie
SH > Dair > D Smash, this comes out so quickly.

Two Uairs to a Bair or Fair, depending on situation, is a common kill move.

Mario is one of those characters that doesn't require you to commit once you aerial. Uair misses, no problem throw out the Nair. Bair misses, no problem you can probably Uair.

It's important to Utilt juggle at the lower percentages. U tilt > U tilt > U Smash > Uair? > Fair

The more you play the character, the more you realize how many options you really have.

edit: spelling

Last edited:
Top Bottom