• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's 2 Different Dthrow Mechanics

Kwam$tack$

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwamStackS
Not sure if this is old or not but its something I noticed and I was kind of hoping for an explanation at least. Anyways, while tryng some dthrow combos on ganon, I noticed that even at the same % for some reason my followup uair (which was near instant) wasnt hitting ganon on different spots on the stage. That spot turned out to be the edge. Check out the vid:

For some reason, whenever mario's back is touching the edge, the other player wont bounce as high and will return to landing animation faster than when mario isnt touching the ledge. This can effect % specific combos alot. Any else notice this? any idea why that is?

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's collision detection.

The thrown target isn't getting slammed on a flat surface, but rather a slanted one, so Mario is throwing his targets lower than usual. Same thing happens on Kongo and Lylat.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is this useful at higher percents, where D-Throw wouldn't otherwise be the ideal throw? Say, at 120%, would this give me combos similar to lower percents?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Is this useful at higher percents, where D-Throw wouldn't otherwise be the ideal throw? Say, at 120%, would this give me combos similar to lower percents?
Not really if they're DIing away from you like they should be.

Kwam$tack$

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwamStackS
no its not THAT serious lol. its more like, you'd get the same amount of knockback away from the edge at 100% as you would on the ledge at 110%.

Last edited:
Top Bottom