• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario vs Doctor Mario

Cinnamon bun

Smash Rookie
Hello I have been playing alot of doctor mario lately and i always hear people say that doctor mario is better then regular mario and im unsure why, could some one please explain to me the main difference between the two characters other than they are wearing a different costume. Lol Also what do you suggest for a doctor mario player if i wanted to play doctor mario at a tournament what are things that would make me stand out and do well. Thank you for your time.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
This has been discussed a lot.... it's alright though, you can ask whatever you want :p

Here's a thread on it that was made on the doc forums. It's pretty old but it covers pretty much everything.

Oh and ignore the title... Doc > Mario not the other way around ;)
Seriously though... fundamentally they are the same but doc is more about defensive kill power and mario is more about combos. In the end it comes down to playstyle.

Make sure to read the green wall of text
http://smashboards.com/threads/why-mario-doc.264016/

And if you pick doc... welcome! You made the right choice ;)
If not it's ok... I won't hate you... well maybe a little... nah jk... play whoever you want. In the end it comes down to who you have fun with.

I was talking to AyRookie (mario main if you don't know him) in twitch chat on Ken's stream and I asked him why he plays mario. He said it's because he feels like himself when he plays mario compared to say when he plays fox and I completely agree with him. When I try to play other characters it just doesn't feel the same as playing Doc.

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
The differences are slim but different enough to change the way they play. And your welcome! :)

Top Bottom