• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Up-B Walljump.

SILS

Smash Rookie
Hello! I'm helping my brother learn Mario and I found a video on YouTube called "Mario - Up-B Walljump (Tutorial)". Supposedly Mario can still wall tech after using his Up-B? My brother and I cannot figure out how it's done. Could someone please give specific instructions on how to perform this recovery?

Sorry I can't post the video link due to needing ten forum posts before posting links.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLC_cYFKTs

If this is the video, then it tells you how to do it pretty clearly. It is just really tough to time. I know I can do it in Project M, but I hadn't been able to get the timing down. This video is actually really helpful. From there, it just takes practice. If you need to practice or get a confidence boost, I would recommend playing Project M for a bit (besides...it's fun too). Like all the other tech skill in this game, it will take some practice in training mode and then many failures in real game situations before you become comfortable enough to do it fairly consistently. So be patient and have some fun.

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Hello! I'm helping my brother learn Mario and I found a video on YouTube called "Mario - Up-B Walljump (Tutorial)". Supposedly Mario can still wall tech after using his Up-B? My brother and I cannot figure out how it's done. Could someone please give specific instructions on how to perform this recovery?

Sorry I can't post the video link due to needing ten forum posts before posting links.
Not too much inputs or anything but to get specific, go to yoshi story up b while hugging the wall and at the end of your jump press the control stick away from the wall. Timing is super wack and that video is the best tutorial out there for up b wall jumping. Everything else is just practice.

Buntaluffigus

Smash Rookie
there's two different timings. when starting up B hugging the wall, flick the stick in the opposite direction as soon as mario starts to turn around at the end of his jump. you have any time between then and when he's almost facing the opposite direction of the stage to perform the walljump. when starting the up B away from the wall, the timing is a bit later than that and you should be flicking when his spin is pretty much done and he's about to fall. starting the up B away from the wall is significantly harder than the hugging option because there's a smaller window/less frames to perform it on time. going onto yoshi's story in training mode and slowing down the time to about .5 might help to recognize when exactly in the up B animation you have to walljump

but as everyone else has said, just playing around and practicing it is your best bet

Last edited:
Top Bottom