• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Practice

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'm severly lacking in my Mario practice, in fact, I'd say I'm especially terrible at the match-up. Despite Wifi preventing me from power shielding like I want, I still think I could do a lot better. If there are any good Marios on the Mario boards who wouldn't mind extensive practice, then I'd love to play with you.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I'll brawl you later on tonite if you'd still be avail to play. (I play at nights mostly)

Capestall would be you're only downfall being Olimar. If upb you're last means to recovering especially.

Edit; I thought you quit Oli cold turkey, as he was "months of wasted effort into a character with huge flaws" And went over to GW :laugh:

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'll brawl you later on tonite if you'd still be avail to play. (I play at nights mostly)

Capestall would be you're only downfall being Olimar. If upb you're last means to recovering especially.

Edit; I thought you quit Oli cold turkey, as he was "months of wasted effort into a character with huge flaws" And went over to GW :laugh:
I'll be on later tonight. If you are really interested in why I quit Olimar, you'll notice it all throughout our match, because Mario is one of the characters who keeps bringing out Olimar's faults. I only picked him back up because I can play he and Lucario in a somewhat similar fashion, and it'll keep me sharp if I'm using Olimar and slowly work into maining Lucario.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Ah I see. I just found it peculiar is all, so I was curious on the matter. (I read the thread on the Oli boards awhile back.)

Yeah, Mario. Can gimp everybody if they recover in a obvious fashion.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Thanks a lot for the practice! It's 2:11 AM here, and I've got classes tomorrow so that's all the practice I can afford for today. However, I can practice more tomorrow. There are a number of things I've learned about Mario today and I can now read his movements pretty well. No offense, but I don't think you'll be able to beat me now. =]

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I could barely get with ya on the last one. Only chance would be if I gimped you. Looking forward to future though. Maybe another Mario main will step up and dust you off in the meantime tommorow or whatever. ;P

Have a good one.

Excellence

Smash Champion
You weren't bad and I would enjoy playing you again sometime, but next time I'll use both Olimar and Lucario to test what I've learned about about Mario. Hopefully, what I'm thinking holds because I think it'll make facing him a lot easier. And, because of Mario's close range moveset, I believe it's true.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunatly so. Just let Mario make the first move at all times. And try not to get diverted by the fireballs. Last and most important. Be extra cautious when you'r off the stage returning, find a gap & recover asap. Lol, you upB jumped onto the edge of the stage quite a few times, I was like ****.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Unfortunatly so. Just let Mario make the first move at all times. And try not to get diverted by the fireballs. Last and most important. Be extra cautious when you'r off the stage returning, find a gap & recover asap. Lol, you upB jumped onto the edge of the stage quite a few times, I was like ****.
I'm probably one of the best Olimar's when it comes to recovering because I literally MEASAURED his jump distance with each length of pikmin chain and each without any. So I'm pretty good when it comes to recovering. At one point, while we were on Battlefield, I felt like I got so careless because I let you take two stocks from gimps. I almost won that one too though, I got you to a nice percentage and your last stock.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'll play you if you don't mind the fact you live ALL THE WAY IN ****ING NEW JERSEY WHICH IS LIKE A MILLION MILES FROM SOCAL.

Olimar is one of my better matchups in general, so if you play me, I intend to give you a hard time. ;)

Teh_Spammerer claims to be the best Mario in New Jersey (cuz nobody else uses him there) though so maybe you might want to look him up. Or try to get boss's attention since he's another EC guy.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I played Excellence a few days ago (maybe a week now...) and he has a pretty good Olimar. A few hours later that same day tho...I fought BlackWaltz....and I won like....twice. Basically, abuse the hell out of that grab, cuz that's what he did. Mario can't even space when he has to worry about that silly grab range. That should be your main method of gathering damage especially on Mario because getting close isn't safe. It forces the Mario to play a more ranged game; something we quite frankly suck at.

To the Marios: When I played a little more aggressively and didn't allow him to space properly, I did a little better. Pulling a win was still very difficult.

My 2 cents.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'll play you if you don't mind the fact you live ALL THE WAY IN ****ING NEW JERSEY WHICH IS LIKE A MILLION MILES FROM SOCAL.

Olimar is one of my better matchups in general, so if you play me, I intend to give you a hard time. ;)

Teh_Spammerer claims to be the best Mario in New Jersey (cuz nobody else uses him there) though so maybe you might want to look him up. Or try to get boss's attention since he's another EC guy.
I'll give playing you a shot, I just don't want the lag to be too bad. I tend to a little more quickly than most Olimars since I appreciate Olimar's fast-paced aerial game a little more.

I played Excellence a few days ago (maybe a week now...) and he has a pretty good Olimar. A few hours later that same day tho...I fought BlackWaltz....and I won like....twice. Basically, abuse the hell out of that grab, cuz that's what he did. Mario can't even space when he has to worry about that silly grab range. That should be your main method of gathering damage especially on Mario because getting close isn't safe. It forces the Mario to play a more ranged game; something we quite frankly suck at.

To the Marios: When I played a little more aggressively and didn't allow him to space properly, I did a little better. Pulling a win was still very difficult.

My 2 cents.
I felt so blind when I was fighting you. I didn't know what to do so I was probably doing it wrong. However, now I do have a basic knowledge of Mario's gameplay, so I should do a lot better.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Olimar's grab range is really the killer in this match-up, Olimar has range otherwise but he can't abuse it nearly as freely as his grab. Mario doesn't have a particually hard time approaching Olimar but Olimar's grab range makes most of Mario's ground options unsafe. Olimar's trouble with Mario is that Mario is one of the greatest edgeguarders against one of the easiest characters to gimp. Olimar's priority is also an issue, Olimar doesn't have tons of priority but he has good range; range makes it hard for Mario to get near Olimar but Mario still has a priority advantage. Olimar also has a hard time approaching (They'll be those times when you need to approach him) Mario due to FIHL. It's a tricky match-up for Olimar but the main thing is to abuse your range and try to force Mario to come to you.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Nothing personal...but I really hate playing vs Olimar. Not unless I have to.

Busy atm anyways.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I'm free all day today if you don't mind playing against Cali. I hate playing against Olimar as well, but I'll play :]

edit - Send me a message on aim.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Nothing personal...but I really hate playing vs Olimar. Not unless I have to.

Busy atm anyways.
Believe it or not, I hate Olimar as a character in general. I even hate using him. He's so ****ing messed up when it comes to his pikmin and desync which constantly causes me stocks and ruins my game that I'm gradually switching from Olimar and Lucario, to Lucario and Pikachu.

To tell you the truth, the only reason I'm using him is because I win with him. It's not like I can't pick up another character since I can play the entire cast at a competitive level; even without the ATs.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I added you on AIM. Hopefully I'll have some free time this weekend cause I like taking challenges from Olimar.

Top Bottom