• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MARIO Mindgames

studly

Smash Ace
im just wanting a fresh perspective on mario's mind games....

really im having trouble with getting the meteor spike kill...

otherwise...just wanted to know what kinds of goals you guys set for yourselves durring the match and how you go about getting them acomplished

also...tips on how to deal with characters who have odd hitboxes such as ike marth and ivysaur....i find myself allways frustrated when trying to land the kill on these few characters..... understand though that i can damage my opponent quickly getting them to a kill range %...i just cant land the kill

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
For mindgames you could use dash dancing, cape stalling, backflipping, and fireball camping -> attack. For Mario's F air, to meteor smash someone with it you need to time it. The hitbox that meteor smashes someone takes a second to activate, so if you go in too early it won't meteor them.
Characters with big hitboxes you just have to take advantage of their weaknesses. All you have to do is find an opening against them so you juggle them. And for getting the kill... Ivysaur is easiest. Toss him off, and whenever he goes to recover above the stage b air or u air him. When he has to go for vine whip then just edgehog him. You'll probably get whipped but it's an easy kill. For Ike whenever you knock him off use FLUDD and cape to mess up his recovery. Vs. Marth if he recovers using shield breaker use FLUDD and/or cape, but if he recovers from below then aerial him or cape stall and grab the ledge for invincibility frames so you edgehog him and don't get hit from dolphin slash. Trust me, I've fought all these characters.

studly

Smash Ace
For mindgames you could use dash dancing, cape stalling, backflipping, and fireball camping -> attack. For Mario's F air, to meteor smash someone with it you need to time it. The hitbox that meteor smashes someone takes a second to activate, so if you go in too early it won't meteor them.

yeah im sure you just nailed it

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
My favourate thing to do with someone is run towards them, and then cape ^^

It just sucks when they use an attack that hits behind as well.

Famous

Smash Champion
Let go of the ledge while pressing Back+B. You will grab the ledge again after the attack frames finish..

Another one is by using the cape when your just about to grab the ledge...You'll see a bit of the cape come out but instead of finishing the attack frame you will grab the ledge.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
use cape to turn your foe to the opossite direction then use fsmash or grab and down throw. then follow up with uairs and bairs.

Top Bottom