• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Main Joins Smash Boards

TehGuitarLord

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slice_O_Pie
3DS FC
1203-9544-5962
Just wanted to say hi b/c I just joined this site today. Been maining Mario for almost a year and have caught on to a lot of things. He just feels so natural to me and he has a lot of good options. I feel that I seem to play him a bit differently from everybody else tho.

I'm still trying to perfect the Up-B -> Wall jump technique. Does it work on every stage? (Competitive one's)

Also, I see a lot of Mario mains incorporate the Down-B with recovery and I don't find it helpful at all. I feel I can't go as far horizontally or vertically as I want it to. Any tips? Another thing, would this move be good on the ground to help space? I know Mario doesn't really NEED another option for spacing as he is already so good at doing that already, but it would be nice to have some more options for mind games.

That's pretty much all of my questions so far. Hope to contribute to this forum.

a rookie

Smash Ace
Just wanted to say hi b/c I just joined this site today. Been maining Mario for almost a year and have caught on to a lot of things. He just feels so natural to me and he has a lot of good options. I feel that I seem to play him a bit differently from everybody else tho.

I'm still trying to perfect the Up-B -> Wall jump technique. Does it work on every stage? (Competitive one's)

Also, I see a lot of Mario mains incorporate the Down-B with recovery and I don't find it helpful at all. I feel I can't go as far horizontally or vertically as I want it to. Any tips? Another thing, would this move be good on the ground to help space? I know Mario doesn't really NEED another option for spacing as he is already so good at doing that already, but it would be nice to have some more options for mind games.

That's pretty much all of my questions so far. Hope to contribute to this forum.
Up-B Walljump works on every competitive stage, but spacing is strict.

Mario's tornado is AMAZING to recover with! Remember to hold toward the stage while you down b(if the stage is to your left, hold down-left) to get a little closer to the stage while down b'ing to get more height. You're probably not down b'ing at a good amount of height. Down b is probably best used right when you get hit off stage, when you come out of hit stun so you can get more height from the momentum getting hit off and still conserve your double jump and cape.

Down b on the floor is probably the worst move. Your opponent can CC it on hit and punish it. It's not even a true combo, so yeah, it's definitely not viable as a spacing option. Just mix up your spacing and timings w/ capes/wavelands/wavedashes/etc.

Sorry for no one responding :( Idk why no one responded and I feel bad cuz this is a very late response. If you have any other questions. Feel free to ask. I won't respond 4 months later like I did right now D: Btw,

WELCOME TO THE SMASHBOARDS! BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, THE MARIO BOARDS!!!:laugh:

TehGuitarLord

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slice_O_Pie
3DS FC
1203-9544-5962
Up-B Walljump works on every competitive stage, but spacing is strict.

Mario's tornado is AMAZING to recover with! Remember to hold toward the stage while you down b(if the stage is to your left, hold down-left) to get a little closer to the stage while down b'ing to get more height. You're probably not down b'ing at a good amount of height. Down b is probably best used right when you get hit off stage, when you come out of hit stun so you can get more height from the momentum getting hit off and still conserve your double jump and cape.

Down b on the floor is probably the worst move. Your opponent can CC it on hit and punish it. It's not even a true combo, so yeah, it's definitely not viable as a spacing option. Just mix up your spacing and timings w/ capes/wavelands/wavedashes/etc.

Sorry for no one responding :( Idk why no one responded and I feel bad cuz this is a very late response. If you have any other questions. Feel free to ask. I won't respond 4 months later like I did right now D: Btw,

WELCOME TO THE SMASHBOARDS! BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, THE MARIO BOARDS!!!:laugh:
Lol, np m8. I figured out that the down-b is horrible on the ground by now, but the recovery tips are helpful.

TehGuitarLord

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slice_O_Pie
3DS FC
1203-9544-5962
Thanks. I actually was in "the lab" today and I realized:

How important is Up-B wall jump? Is it that essential, or is it just some bonus that I might get. I've been playing the whole time without thinking about it because when I try I can't do it w/o pausing.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
GOOD TO SEE MORE MARIOS JOINING THE BATTLE!

(I know I'm very late to this topic.. just started using Smash Boards, although I made this account a while ago)

Top Bottom