• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario in Doubles? What's a good character that works well with Mario?

So whilst playing doubles I seem to be having troubles on teaming with my friend's Mario. Mario is a

• Use a character that complements Mario

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Adapt to teammates' play style

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

x3Dx

Smash Rookie
NNID
ReiiAyanamiii
3DS FC
2552-4012-4230
So whilst playing doubles I seem to be having troubles on teaming with my friend's Mario. Mario is a balanced character which stumps me so it comes down what complements him

Last edited by a moderator:

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight does great with mario. Mario can easily and often combo upward, and metaknight is a very strong punish character who's up b kills very early if near the roof. when mario combos them its like meta's getting a punish off so he does alot of dmg from marios strings and a chance for a relatively early kill with his up b.

Me and my friend also discovered what we call the Fluddnado. All you need is metaknight to catch an opponent in his tornado, then you fludd him. This has a unique property of pushing his tornado(dragging your oponent often) upwards, and tornado has high base knockback,so you push them to the roof and kill them very early. This can kill at 0% from a mario backthrow into tornado into fludd depending on the character you're fighting and the stage you're on.

Heres a few vids from the last tourney we teamed at, we pulled the fluddnado off vs several teams too!

Dubs:
Smasher1001(Mario) and Pulse | TECHnology(Metaknight) vs Dreamm(Rosaluma) and Chance(Megaman) [7/04/2015] [Exp 2015]
Smasher1001(Mario) and Pulse | TECHnology(Metaknight) vs EMG Blacktwins(Mario) and Astro(Lucario) [7/04/2015] [Exp 2015]
Smasher1001(Mario) and Pulse | TECHnology(Metaknight) vs DFS Hammond(Peach) and Afrodesiak(Donkey Kong) [7/04/2015] [Exp 2015]
Smasher1001(Mario) and Pulse | TECHnology(Metaknight) vs Blitz(Mario/Ike) and LoF Xatic(C.falcon/Fox) [7/04/2015] [Exp 2015]
Smasher1001(Mario) and Pulse | TECHnology(Metaknight) vs Culex(Falcon) and Meekspeedy(Sonic) [7/04/2015] [Exp 2015]
Smasher1001(Mario) and Pulse | TECHnology(Metaknight) vs Chrim Foish(Diddy) and Poke(Luigi) [7/04/2015] [Exp 2015]

EDIT:Oh, i also sometimes team with my cousins villager which works out relatively well, that also has a solid gimmick as well, though its much harder to pull off. Villager can plant the tree, and chop it down and if you cape it villager can pocket it. This is a 1 hit KO if villager can land it, it also instant breaks shields. Fighting competent teams though it is hard to pull off since they will keep up pressure on you to stop you from pulling it off.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I've been watching XeroXen and SofaKing lately, and apparently Mario and Luigi make a very good team.

Darrman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darrman
3DS FC
4785-6377-6170
I've been watching XeroXen and SofaKing lately, and apparently Mario and Luigi make a very good team.
They're brothers, what did you expect? In all seriousness, I don't do doubles so I can't help you. Couldn't resist the joke.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Mario and Bowser work well together too. They even have a suicide tactic which involves Bowser using his default or custom 2 side B and then Mario using FLUDD to push them offstage. A way more effective Bowsercide.

1MeLODuDE

Smash Rookie
Mario and Sonic work well together as well, easy gimps with fludd to spring or cape to spring, also Mario's fireball helps Sonic approach

Top Bottom