• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Galaxy, abig letdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Mario Galaxy, one of the most anticipated games of the year, selling extremely quickly, but did it live up to all it's hype?

Seriously, my friend has all ready called it the biggest letdown of 07'. I'm already starting to agree with what he said. Numourous reviews that I read in the UK have given it high scores, mostly from what I've seen 97% out of 100, but I TOTALLY DISAGREE. Yes, amazing graphics, a story that makes you want to play on, cool gameplay, but it has many negatives.
*SPOILERS!!!!!!!!*
The actual story is incredibly short, 60 stars to complete? Pathetic. The Bosses are some of the easiest out of any Mario game. Bowser is too easy even at the end of the game, it's just make him jump and fall on the blue area, get burned, spin, spin again etc. RUBBISH! Getting 120 stars was also easy. Looking through magazines I saw sentances like, "Completing the storyline takes atleast 10 hours, getting 120 stars takes weeks!". Bull! It took me only 10/11hours to get ALL the stars. Yeah sure once you complete the game you unlock Luigi! The supposed "Hard Mode". Well I completed that even quicker in 7 Hours... and the treat of getting the last star in the game... Wow amazing... Pfff. I waited 2 years for this game, and It's let me down greatly. The overall difficulty of this game is just EASY. I'm sure a few gamers were looking for a real challenge in completing this, wonder of a game... Guess they were let down, obviously me being one of them. Maybe I'm just annoyed as I'm used to completing hard games, but come on,I still haven't completed Mario 64 DS yet, I found that a hell of a lot more challenging then this. I'm sure the newer generation of gamers will find this a challenge, which is why I would recommend this game to them, but to serious gamers, let this pass. You will complete this in a week, assured. Well, there's my rant. Anyone agree or disagree with me? Thank you.

Willz.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
"My friend has already called it a big letdown..."

I don't care what your friend thinks. The game is awesome, stop trying to be controversial.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
the only thing i agree w/ u on is the fact that the difficulty was pretty **** easy. and i dont think other people think this, but i thought galaxy wasnt very absorbing.i mean i played it,and it didnt make me feel like i kept wanting 2 play, ya know?

shadydentist

Smash Lord
I agree, overall difficulty was very easy. Without trying, I've often ended up with over 20 lives after a few levels. However, this is by far the best platformer released since super mario 64, so I am satisfied. I don't know what else you could possibly be expecting.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Your garbage opinion isn't worth it's own seperate topic. Use the SMG thread.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
the only thing i agree w/ u on is the fact that the difficulty was pretty **** easy. and i dont think other people think this, but i thought galaxy wasnt very absorbing.i mean i played it,and it didnt make me feel like i kept wanting 2 play, ya know?
I pretty much agree with this statement. Sure the game was easy, but it has been a very long time since I've played a game this absorbing. Yes it was easy. Yes it doesn't take too long to beat (Beat it in about a week of decent chunks each day). But in the end it was a blast from beginning to end and I enjoyed it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom