• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Dashing + Fast Walk Canceling

The Master of Mario

Smash Journeyman
Mario Dashing isn't to difficult Its a combination of the Wave/Stutter step and Mario's Backwards Aerial. Whenever mario does a backwards aerial with momentum towards his feet he rises at his feet. If you jump in the air with your back in the air with DI backwards some of your momentum still works during landing. Combining the two techniques causes mario dashing. Just jump with the control stick in the opposite direction mario is facing (simular to stutter steppig) and at the instant mario is about to hit the ground do a Backwards aerial. I didn't see this anywhere but I thought it might have already been discovered. Luigi can do it also and I didn't check anyone else.

Fast Walk cancel whenever Mario jumps and land on the ground he doesn't run instantly he just walks at the fastest pace. If you do a Down Aerial at the instant Mario touches the ground he will run instead of walking when he lands on the ground.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Mario Dashing isn't to difficult Its a combination of the Wave/Stutter step and Mario's Backwards Aerial. Whenever mario does a backwards aerial with momentum towards his feet he rises at his feet. If you jump in the air with your back in the air with DI backwards some of your momentum still works during landing. Combining the two techniques causes mario dashing. Just jump with the control stick in the opposite direction mario is facing (simular to stutter steppig) and at the instant mario is about to hit the ground do a Backwards aerial. I didn't see this anywhere but I thought it might have already been discovered. Luigi can do it also and I didn't check anyone else.

Fast Walk cancel whenever Mario jumps and land on the ground he doesn't run instantly he just walks at the fastest pace. If you do a Down Aerial at the instant Mario touches the ground he will run instead of walking when he lands on the ground.
Videos man,videos. :laugh:

Help!

Smash Journeyman
wha? video on youtube so i know what it's supposed to do. Use like your webcam or cell if you don't have other recording devices, atleast it'll show something right??

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I discovered this with another character a while ago, now which one was it... ah yes, it was with mario actually. wait a sec...

lol, anyways, It helps close in space well. I used it a couple times. It's great actually.

Top Bottom