• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario D-Throw Combos/Mix-Up Questions

Bellsproot

Smash Rookie
Halifax County, VA, United States of America
NNID
Bellsproot
3DS FC
2122-5480-5766
Alright, so I'm working on Mario, and I've been trying out some stuff with Dthrow with my friends

So far, I've had some luck with
Dthrow -> Utilt x2 -> UpB
Dthrow -> Utilt -> Wait, then regrab -> Dthrow -> UpB
Dthrow -> Uair

And after that the stuff is kinda eh for me to get anything. Any good recommendations for mix-ups or combos? I know Uthrow is good too at lower percents, into Dair or Fair. Also keep in mind I currently have no WiiU so testing for me is not possible. Any vids you guys might have would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Zanarkan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zanarkan28
Down throw can lead into a lot more than just 2 up tilts especially at very low percents and then they can also lead into up airs 2 of them before an up B. If you have platforms like on Battlefield or DreamLand you can get even more up airs and then eventually kill off the top with up B, Anti had a sick 0-Death on Zero's Sheik at Big House with Mario using this string so I would watch that, I also stream and make a lot of my own combo vids and I main Mario. Here was the last one I did...

http://youtu.be/feFOCdW_rwo

andyjew

Smash Rookie
Down throw can lead into a lot more than just 2 up tilts especially at very low percents and then they can also lead into up airs 2 of them before an up B. If you have platforms like on Battlefield or DreamLand you can get even more up airs and then eventually kill off the top with up B, Anti had a sick 0-Death on Zero's Sheik at Big House with Mario using this string so I would watch that, I also stream and make a lot of my own combo vids and I main Mario. Here was the last one I did...

http://youtu.be/feFOCdW_rwo
hey that was a good video man thanks

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
If they like to aerial immediately to try and get out of it, you can shield after one of the u-tilts instead of u-tilting, and you can get another grab. Also, at mid to high percents, they'll be afraid of the u-air, so just walk/wait into f-smash.

Top Bottom