• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Combos & Tips

MrRoboto

Smash Rookie
NNID
pikminthrow
3DS FC
2294-3983-5754
For those fellow mario mains out there, I found out some amazing combos mario can do.
But first, tips for Mario mains.
1. Whenever you get to, charge Down-B, its really effective against offstage opponents.
2. Fireball is your friend, use it to stop enemies from doing any attack and to start up a combo. Also use it when recovering.
3.Cape is also your friend, remember that you can use it to reflect projectiles, get a boost in the air and to maybe confuse your opponent, and also turn your opponent around while dealing a little bit of damage.
4.U-Air, B-Air, and N-Air are your main combo moves, use them to start up some damage on your opponent.

Now the combos.
First up is an up-close combo that leads directly into any throw.
First you D-Tilt, then Jab twice, then walk up to your enemy quickly (if they out of grab range), and grab. From there you can do the classic D-Tilt combo.
Theres also a combo for Mario when recovering. First shoot a fireball at an enemy whos close to ledge, then do D-Air after some time you launched the fireball, then when you land on the ground, you won't do the final hit on D-Air, next, D-Smash.
Finally, a D-Throw combo, and no its not ALL U-Tilts.
First you obviously D-Throw, next, D-Tilt 2-3 times (it depends), then follow that with 3-4 uptilts (again it depends). After that, jump then up air, double jump then up air, fast fall into jump and double jump and a down air. Finally, an Up-B, the Up-B won't kill, but it does add damage.
That's all the neat combos I found out about Mario, but 1 more thing. Theres also ways for enemies to escape the combos.
The enemy can't escape the fireball recovery combo so don't worry about that combo.
However, enemies can escape the D-Throw combo by D-I'ing away from you or airdodging, jumping, or using a super fast move, such as N-Air.
Enemies can only dodge the up-close jab combo by jumping or N-Airing.
That's all!

Top Bottom