• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario combo

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
So i've been watching the combo of Isai where he short hop, drill kick and then UAIR combo. So far i've only been able to pull this off if i have normal jumped. The amount of time it takes to drill kick and then go to u-air seems to be a very small window. Is there a z-cancel somewhere that i'm missing?

If anybody knows the exact buton sequence to pull that off it would be appreciated!

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
There's only one z-cancel, being the one where you land.

Basically, this combo is not a magical win-button that you can push... you have to be really good at the basic technical stuff and quick with the fingers before you can really use it. The only factor is speed. Practise it in training mode on 1/2 speed, then move up to 3/4, then finally full speed... but expect to take like... a couple days doing it on 1/2 or 3/4. If you're not getting it, then just try to improve your game in general: use more short-hops, practise combos, blah de blah. Leave the combo alone for a while. Then, as your fingers get better, try it again.

A good way to practise z-cancelling right before hitting the ground is to go into training mode against a short character like Kirby, and practise short-hopping and uairing him right before you hit the ground. Don't even bother with the drill, just practise pressing A+Z (or R+R in my case) right before you hit the ground. Whether or not the Kirby gets hit isn't terribly important; you just want to make sure Mario doesn't do his little recovery animation when he lands.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
you have to do a standing short hop with the C buttons. No dashed short hop (yes there is a difference).

this combo is so hard to do online for me. :/

PrimaryFox

Smash Cadet
You also might want to try learning the exact same combo with Luigi first, its much easier.

Top Bottom