• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario AND Luigi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
What if Luigi was announced for Smash bros. brawl along with Waluigi? Would Luigi get a move makeover regarding Mario's move makeover including the FLUDD as a side-b attack? I bet he would! And I have an attack for him that's to die for! So Mario gets his little FLUDD machine, big whoop, it pushes people back, saves himself from damage and impending in-your-face kickbutt attacks... but now Luigi, he gets his handy "Poltergeist vacuum," by pressing side-b and then afterwards holding onto b to unleash a torrent of flames... and when he runs out of flame, he starts some suction action and pulls your enemies in draining their health. How does that sound? I think it sounds GRRRREAT! Like the flakes are always saying...

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
I see your meaning, and my apologies for the directional pad mistake. But I thought it would be cool if they went even more opposite of Mario and held a damaging attack with flames shootin' out the freakin' end of his vacuum. Wouldn't it be cool? Of course, there'd have to a disadvantage that put the the Fludd and Poltergeist on equal terms right?

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
Yes, I once looked at a strategy guide for Luigi's Mansion and it showed evidence to support a flamethrower upgrade to your Poltergeist vacuum.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Did the Poltergeist even do that in Luigi's Mansion?
Yes, it does. Actually.

To the TC: Waluigi will not be announced as a playable character. He's a useless filler character.

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
I'm actually a fan of Waluigi, I'm not sure why, he might be pretty lame but he's tall and lanky and crazy like me! Besides, they'd have all the Mario bros. that would be cool right?

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
I'm not gonna be on this forum until tomorrow, you guys have fun, this stupid computer has an automatic Parental control shutdown around this time. So, see-y'all, can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Oh, and do they actually look at these forums and consider them at all?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Mario and Luigi are the Mario Bros.

If you're going to use the argument "We have Mario, Luigi, and Wario, so we need Waluigi!" Don't. Wario isn't even representing the Mario series. He's representing the Wario Ware series, of which Waluigi doesn't appear in ever.

You can want Waluigi in... but don't count on it, because it's not going to happen.

On topic: Luigi will probably have a new moveset. I'm hoping so anyways. There's an official Luigi topic in the general character discussion. You can discuss it there, if you want. We've discussed it many times.

EDIT: With "they" do you mean Sakurai? No. lol

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Luigi using his Poltergust would be cool, but NOT if it's a flamethrower. It should act like the actual thing, without upgraded features, like Mario's FLUDD, which is the most basic version as well.

And Waluigi would actually make an interesting addition, even while his main role is a filler character. I always wanted to have a battle between Mario & Luigi, vs Wario & Waluigi. That's be cool to do. If Waluigi won't make it in though, I guess he could be replaced with a Wario-colored Mario in that fight, or a Waluigi-colored Luigi, if he gets those colors. =P

bigman40

Smash Master
It's good for luigi's moveset, but how far away would the move begin and would the other players be able to get out of it?

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
Two things:
1. Team up smash attacks for Team Smash competitions
2. Shadow Mario and Shadow Luigi costume alternates
Discuss it! Love it! This would make it way more sensible to include Mario and Luigi in brawl. Seeing as how their brothers they could just team up for a HUGE smash attack. Anybody? Anyone?

Cless

Smash Champion
And Waluigi would actually make an interesting addition, even while his main role is a filler character. I always wanted to have a battle between Mario & Luigi, vs Wario & Waluigi. That's be cool to do. If Waluigi won't make it in though, I guess he could be replaced with a Wario-colored Mario in that fight, or a Waluigi-colored Luigi, if he gets those colors. =P
No, he wouldn't. Waluigi is a blight on the Mario universe. Even Daisy was in an actual Mario game.

No, team smash attacks. That doesn't even make sense, and no team FS's. Mario and Luigi will have dark costumes. They aren't going to have Dark Link like costumes. Actually, I hope Mario's flight colors from Galaxy is one of his costumes. That was a sick costume.

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
I think if Luigi had his Poltergeist, he would just suck in the opponent closer, the exact opposite of FLUDD. This allows for Luigi to beat up his opponent more, in contrast to Mario, which tries to push them off the stage.

that it really cool how it contrast to show their differences great idea

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Waluigi's only fighting ability is supported by his bomb throwing he does. it's not supported by his stick figure complexion, girliness, horrible moustache, aristocratic attitude, shows no signs of liking treasure, or plumbing. Waluigi's purpose is to be Wario's answer to Mario's Luigi, and boy did they screw him up. Waluigi's only redeeming quality is that he isn't bad at pitching.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Two things:
1. Team up smash attacks for Team Smash competitions
2. Shadow Mario and Shadow Luigi costume alternates
Discuss it! Love it! This would make it way more sensible to include Mario and Luigi in brawl. Seeing as how their brothers they could just team up for a HUGE smash attack. Anybody? Anyone?
sorry for the double post, haden't read this trash yet,

sorry, and welcome to smashboards. In a nutshell.... 1. Not possible, doesn't happen.2. Mario's costumes are pinned, Luigi was never in a shadow form.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Luigi was never in a shadow form.
Not in Shadow form, but in Cosmic form he was, just like Mario. In Super Mario Galaxy, you can race Cosmic Mario or Cosmic Luigi, depending on who you're playing as. And those costumes might be cool actually, as well as their Flying suits. And it still might happen, as the colors at E4All might not have been all we saw. They could still add some stuff here and there.

No, he wouldn't. Waluigi is a blight on the Mario universe. Even Daisy was in an actual Mario game.
I know that. I don't really like Waluigi that much either. But I still think a battle between the Mario Bros. and the Wario Bros. could be cool, even if the Waluigi is just Luigi in a recolor.

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
No team smash attacks? What are you a game designer who's allowed to judge opinions? You can't even grasp the concept fool! And, it doesn't matter if Luigi wasn't in Shadow or Cosmic (for heaven's sake) he might still be a quality costume. And according to Yosher there was a Cosmic Luigi. Man, when someone speaks in General with NEW ideas, you gotta be prepared for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom