• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MARIO advice needed

vato_break

Smash Master
Hello everyone
i was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on how i could get really good with mario
i've been using him for about a week and i see no improvement
i wavedash alot but, dont l-cancel that much
my usual approach is short hop fireball fast fall then short hop n-air l-cancel then up air
um yea...
so any advice i lose alot agianst fox and falco
i even try chain grabing but they just spamm f-smash
btw i play on hyrule calste
so any help at all

-PM-

Smash Ace
Mario is such a bad character compared to good ones that you need to do every advanced skill you have to make him any good whatsoever then you need to learn how to put those into your game. Next is play smart. Combos are your friend

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I agree with -PM- its almost required to l cancel with Mario. He can be real effective especially with his up air and back air but you need to learn some decent combos. Depending on who your playing, try some good grab combos. Down throw, u tilt, u tilt, up air, and follow it with as many air combos as you can.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
You're probably going to end up above your opponent a lot. Fastfall NAIR to your safety.

smashking06

Smash Rookie
I have been playing with mario since ssb64. to play with mario you need to practice alot and play smart. I dont wavedash with mario and he is my main character. just keep playing with him and rely mostly on your skills.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Combos and l canceling is essential. approaching with sh fireballs doesnt seem that great in my opinion. its just about playing smart and using l cancels and combos, wave dashes help a lot too.

Top Bottom