• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marcina Discord Community! (No more Marth Skype)

SlayR_

Smash Rookie
NNID
Coolguy1359
3DS FC
3711-9085-0322
So far, I've found the Discord to be a fantastic server. Almost everyone is very friendly, the group is very organized, and the staff is willing to give people several chances, unless they commit a very severe act.

What's really great is how connected the community is -- we've been holding events such as community Drawful, Mario Kart, or even large projects such as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_Kh6ZAodE

This Discord has been one of the most friendly/active ones I've had the pleasure to be in

Showyoucan

Smash Cadet
In my experience of the Marcina chat, I felt it's a good, nice, friendly community. We have those who help others who have questions about the Marcina metagame and we even have a place where we give feedback on those who have replays of themselves and we can point out parts where they witness something that can be improved or a habit. Everyone is friendly here, there's no reason to be banned unless you commit something that is inappropriate like disrespecting others or breaking the common rules. It can be hard to participate and socialize if you are new to the Marcina Discord group but please I insure you that we allow anyone in the Marcina and welcome them! Whether they main, secondary, pocket, or learn the matchup even.
Thanks to this Marcina community, my Marth has improved significantly from the help of others and I made new friends as well that enjoy the same interest as me. I can't thank the people there quite enough that the discord is a home for me!

Last edited:

Shiruettomiraju

Smash Rookie
SlickJ SlickJ I honestly don't see where you get off slandering people like that. I have been a part of Bozzy's Marcina Discord for over 4 months now and personally got to know many of the members - Bozzy included and I can attest that he is a honest person who wants a nice and focused discord community. I step outside of the rules of the chat occasionally (sarcastically, mostly) and I have been met with nothing but respect from the users and staff of the server and I see the same courtesy given to all other active members.

Like with any professionally run community there are rules to follow and if you step outside them you should be ready to pay the consequences. Face it - if you were harassing people or actively trolling you deserved what you got. From my time as an active member I have only seen a few people kicked due to consistent rude behavior or intentional trolling in serious Metagame chats and as a sever with something like 300 members and growing the rules have to be held to a strict standard.

Bozzy and the rest of the admins promote strong community relationships in which they actively take part in such as Joint Matchup Discussions with other Character Servers and also community gaming nights and tournaments. There is no way they any of these people would disrespect a user of the server especially if it was uncalled for and as I can see your lack of any solid evidence in the matter gives me pause on all your shaky claims.

From my point of view all I see is someone who wishes they started a community before someone else and is frustrated cause they aren't in a power position in "their Characters" server. I can't help but to find it odd that the only person Slandering Bozzy just happens to be the same guy promoting his own server - in the same post not 3 lines later in fact. Slandering someone else to try to promote your yourself is shady and if anything should put you out in the deep end. If you false claims do hold and grain of truth then I am sure it was either a misunderstanding or you blatantly deserved what you got. If it is the prior then I do not see why you don't simply try to reconcile with Bozzy. Is it because you have your own greedy agenda? Probably.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Hey, the Marcina Discord is one of the best in the Smash community. I enjoy being in this group, and it has been a great benefit to the Marcina community, and Marcina metagame.

No one was banned unfairly: they have either caused issues here, or in the previous skype group. Grass is an example of the latter. Grass was a long time toxic member of the old Marth Skype with months of negativity and blowing up on people on minor triggers, and had an argument with another member in the original Lucina skype group that was disruptive enough that the group decided to migrate to a new skype group in order to have moderation tools. Grass was the first member added to the Marcina banlist because of this. The Marth and Lucina skype groups merged and migrated to Discord to form the Marcina group, so the bans of the old skype groups still hold, rightly so, in the Discord, despite using a new program.

Last edited:

SlickJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlickJ95
User was warned for this post
Shiruettomiraju Shiruettomiraju This isn't about slandering I feel I have been treated unfairly.
---

Here are some quotes:

"Also if you ignore me I'm just gonna ban you from smash assembly" -Bozzy
-
"I decline and I don't want to help with the Toon Link Discord, sorry" -Me

"alright I'm just gonna ban you then" -Bozzy
-
"I'll talk to the other leaders about unbanning you" -Bozzy
^This never happened, I took care of some unbannings myself.
-

"I know you were talking about me in your Marcina which basically makes your following quote a lie: http://prntscr.com/9xslry" - Me

"I never talked about you in marcina discord and I never will" -Bozzy (this was a lie).

"You lied to me first dumbass" -Bozzy
---

I faced a ban from the Marth/Lucina and Corrin Discord for deleting a Discord that was mine (this was something that occurred outside of that Discord and plus it was my Discord). I got banned from 17 Discords, some of those being Discords I wasn't even active in and it's rare that I harass anyone. You have been there for 4 months, don't you think that if I did anything wrong in that group that you would know about it? I didn't do anything wrong in there. I joined voice calls, I caught up on the first two episodes of the Devil is a Part Timer, I saw Stroder live on Twitch, and I wanted to donate money to Vexx but the channel had been deleted and I didn't know what his Paypal email was.

I did try to reconcile with Bozzy but he makes a really big deal over small mistakes or misinterprets my intentions behind things and then spreads his perception about my actions to everyone.

An example would be, there is a user named Sandbag who is a bit lazy and didn't want to follow Bozzy's rules and so I stepped in there got admin and set up the rules for him. I came to report it in the Smash Assembly that I got the rules done and I was expecting a thank you but instead I Bozzy said "You're taking this way too seriously" and eventually I was banned from the Assembly and described as power hungry when I just wanted to help the existing communities grow.

I feel I'm being excluded from a lot of communities because of our drama and because Bozzy has more friends than I do.

I wrote a Google Doc that explains my point of view and it has two conversations in there where I explain my side of the story. After sharing my side of the story with two admins they decided that there was either miscommunication, misconceptions, or that people misunderstood my intent behind things and they wanted to appeal to get me unbanned from all groups. I was able to get myself unbanned from a few but there is still more appeals to make. In the meantime I'd like to have communities I can be a part of and we will worry about merging them when the time is right.

Google Doc I wrote:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dZzt6SUymQMkekcGl86j4DkRnZeRG9fSwN-juaxzxSY/edit

After discussing this with a SmashBoards admin he agreed that I was unfairly banned and for the time being it would be OK for us to have separate threads that lead to two separate Discords. This is the same thing I want to happen in the Marth and Lucina sections of SmashBoards, I am also not the owner of the Discords I'm just helping to promote them.

I could provide proof of these quotes if you would like to see them by the way.
-
Also what's with all these rules being broken or tested and I didn't even break any rules and I got banned?
---
EnGarde EnGarde
I get along with Grass just fine and I run a lot of Discords. I kicked him from one Discord he was causing problems in, he thought he got banned and I was like "No dude, I just needed you to chill for a bit" and now we're friends. He's pretty active and hasn't caused a problem in any of my Discords since then. Some people act how you treat them, if you treat him like a troll he is inclined to act like one. Also his banning in the Marth/Lucina Discord was because of actions outside of that Discord so I feel it may be unfair to ban him before he even infringes the rules.
---
If Bozzy had treated me fairly and with respect I can guarantee we wouldn't have had any issues. Even he knows this and he admits he has been a **** to me and overly harsh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomas Fer

Smash Rookie
This is the only character Discord that I like, and one of the first ever made. I really don't like that people are randomly bashing on it just now because of a group trying to take revenge or something, I don't even know the whole story.

Really good admins and moderators, and even better members that I really enjoy sharing with.

Sorry Bozzy for breaking so many rules, love you c:

Edit: We never talked about this in the Marcina's Chat, this was talked via PM and just to show discomfort of the situation.

Last edited:

Fabulous__

Smash Rookie
NNID
UnDeaD_AmP
3DS FC
4356-3657-5657
As a very active discord user and chat member, I can proudly say this is my favorite and go-to discord chat. Why? We make sure to keep a safe, comfortable atmosphere to spark not only competitive smash bros. discussion, but friendly day-to-day conversation to create new friends and help everyone get to know each other better. If there's trouble in the discord chat, we address it asap and fairly.

I've had so much fun in this chat, and I honestly feel as a community, we are constantly working of way to improve the chat in our own ways. A ton of people I've met in this chat are some of the nicest, funniest, and best friends I have! c: Our community projects are really organized and well-made, such as our "Falchion's Alliance" montage by SlayR! Its been an absolute pleasure to be in this community, and I love the balance we have between serious metagame progression, average day-to-day discussion, and fun events!

I honestly think our character metagame organization is some of the best I've ever seen. I can literally pull up playlists and guides for matchups and tech just by going over to a channel and there it is; a google doc with information that any beginner or advanced player may want to look at. And if it isn't there, our metagame discussion channel, as I said earlier, is really amazing to discuss with others our thoughts, facts, and theory on the smash meta for Marth/Lucina or in general.

Last edited:

MattZ2007

Smash Rookie
I'm a newbie trying to become competitive with Lucina, I'd appreciate an add if possible.

Thrayn

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3754-9152-1456
I'd like to join the Discord as well. Mostly lurking right now but I would like to become more active in the community. Thanks!

CherubiKnighT

"KnighT Of Mystery" CherubiKnighT
NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
So far, I've found the Discord to be a fantastic server. Almost everyone is very friendly, the group is very organized, and the staff is willing to give people several chances, unless they commit a very severe act.

What's really great is how connected the community is -- we've been holding events such as community Drawful, Mario Kart, or even large projects such as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_Kh6ZAodE

This Discord has been one of the most friendly/active ones I've had the pleasure to be in
I agree. The discord is extremely helpful and has been around for sometime. Some really good players in there as well. If it wasn't for my anxiety I would join as well. But this is the best discord around. Join it for yourself and find out.

ViRuSy

Smash Cadet
NNID
zvirusz
3DS FC
4897-6866-1159
I'd like to join. Lucina has always been one of my top picks. I also tend to play low tiers

BozzMac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bozzmac
Just letting everyone know that you can now check the OP of this thread for an invite.

SenorNutellq

Smash Rookie
Hello I played brawl a few years ago just casually with my friends and i loved marth ever since i first tried him. I recently got into the competitive scene in smash 4 and i would love to learn more about how to play the character. please invite me to the discord group

i^2

Smash Rookie
NNID
Exia_Ghost
Can someone link me to discord please~

JoetotheSchu

Smash Rookie
Hey I just heard about this discord and am starting to really get into smash and was wondering if i could join this discord cause i really enjoy lucina. She is by far my best and i really want to improve my play

Top Bottom