• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Wizards of the East - Hosted by Wizards Retro Games

Wizards of the East - Hosted by Wizards Retro Games
Posted by Schism_SSB
Wizards Retro Games
Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 06:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Schism_SSB

Smash Rookie
Smash Bros for WiiU Saturday Weekly

Location - Wizards Retro Games (132 Main Street, Southington, CT, United States | Lower Level Under Webster Bank)
T.O. - Schism
When - Saturdays, at 6:00 PM. The card shop opens at 12:00 PM, but smash setups will not be available until 4:30 PM until we obtain more setups.

DISCLAIMER - MAY CHANGE TO A THURSDAY WEEKLY SOON. This post will be taken down if/when this change is made, so you should be good to go if you are reading this, just letting you guys know.

The venue can be a bit tough to find at first, but if you have any trouble feel free to call the staff. They are happy to give directions.

We are also a Magic the Gathering / Pokemon TCG and VGC store, so bring all you got! Competition is tough, especially in Magic the Gathering.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

We will be playing with the standard rule set -
  • 2 stock
  • 6 minutes
  • Items are turned to off and none
  • Pause is disabled*
  • If time runs out, the winner is determined by remaining stock, and then by ending damage percentage.
    • If both stock and percentage are identical, or a game ends with both players being KO'd simultaneously, then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreaker is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage
*This rule isn't strictly enforced, and as such, a rule regarding accidental pausing is enacted.

Customs - Banned
Miis - Standard Size, Moveset 1111

Stages
Starters -
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Counterpicks -
Dreamland 64
Omegas (Wily Castle, Suzaku Castle, and Midgar)

Dreamland 64 and Battlefield are banned together. As are Omegas and Final Destination.
Ban Order - 1-2-2-1

We will not be doing doubles, but if it is requested enough and we have enough people to do it, I will try to get it going.

Schism_SSB

Smash Rookie
They are happening every single week. Its a shame I hadn't seen this sooner, I could have told you that we had one today. But yeah, every week.

DeNikSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShaltSaker
They are happening every single week. Its a shame I hadn't seen this sooner, I could have told you that we had one today. But yeah, every week.
thanks a lot! also, will this be streamed?

Schism_SSB

Smash Rookie
thanks a lot! also, will this be streamed?
As of now, unfortunately not. The venue is trying to work out some kinks with internet, and I personally have to obtain the hardware necessary to begin streaming. But yeah, come on down, right now we usually have about 6-9 people. The people here are really nice, and we have an incredible time and learn a ton. People love teaching each other whatever they can, and we stay late just to do friendlies every week.

~Raven~

Smash Rookie
Are these still happening? It's been almost a month since the last post

Top Bottom